Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my 944 vs a integra (dont flame!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by v944god
Chill guys, dont flame the kid.
Yeah, it sure sounded to me like the intention was to keep it on the track. I just mentioned the track as a reminder. Now apparently the challenger is a bit unbalanced.

X 944 X, run away. You don't need to race this idiot.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Danno
People really underestimates some of these Japanese cars. A couple year ago, I got embarrassed by a Integra Type-R in my Turbo even. The S2000 is incredible on the track and is faster than most stock Turbos.
Danno's spot-on here. Lot's of arrogance in the German car community. We can argue about relative age of the cars, costs, and a million other things, but there are many Japanese cars that are pretty exceptional.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:42 PM
BMWM3PORSCHE944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a fact. Can anyone say Peter Farrell RX-7.
Old 02-28-2004, 03:49 PM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

A 60-100 mph test between the two cars would be interesting to see.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Red 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Integra will win every aspect of a straight line and more than likely anything on the track.
Your car chirps second and third gears? Two questions: How? Why?
Old 02-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Regardless... I don't belive anything I hear about the GSR...
Old 02-28-2004, 07:55 PM
X 944 X
Instructor

Originally posted by Red 944
The Integra will win every aspect of a straight line and more than likely anything on the track.
Your car chirps second and third gears? Two questions: How? Why?
what do you mean?? how? well when i hold out to 6k, then shift, it has enough power to keep spinning (second does, now third just chirps for one sec then catches) btw i have 16" fuch wheels w/ yokohama tires (avid series) that are pretty nice, so im not spinning crap rubber...

and what do you mean why? maybe because i drive it a little bit hard to see what it could do... ive owned it for 5 years, and have changed everything on it to make it the way i want it..so i needed to test a few things out
Old 02-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by X 944 X
and what do you mean why? maybe because i drive it a little bit hard to see what it could do...
More like you abuse it more....

Typical teenager stuff.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:49 PM
joseywhales
Instructor

Better to keep 'em wondering if he could beat u or not. 944's are a classic cool car no reason to prove or not who's faster, it's always better to stay out of a fight if you think you could lose. But that just my opinion. And I use to own an Integra gsr, Talon turbo awd, probe gt turbo, and the 944 is the funner car to drive, just hate to always spend money on it, but o-well said enough, need to go bleed my slave cyl. so I will have a clutch. Scott
Old 02-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Wahoogie
Racer

My friend's '97 GSR Puts out around 200 HP... it's pretty quick with a high rev limit... I wouldn't race one in a 944NA.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:33 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by joseywhales
...it's always better to stay out of a fight if you think you could lose.
Actually, the smart person trys to stay out of any fight and only does so when they must. Any fight to save face is stupid.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Geo
Actually, the smart person trys to stay out of any fight and only does so when they must. Any fight to save face is stupid.
I agree- the smart person TRIES, but... There are situations when you're better off fighting, even when you KNOW you're going to get your *** kicked- I'm a slightly smaller guy & I've never backed down to a serious fight- never REALLY thought I was going to LOSE either, although in retrospect, I would have lost some of them BADLY had they ALL gone down- I earned a ton of respect for that too, for whatever it's worth- & what IS it worth? Well, in certain situations, people who WILL stand up wont get messed with- why? B/C BULLIES are WEAK people & only pick on sure-things... I've found that, the few times I "let things go" just to stay out of trouble, hurt a LOT more in retrospect than standing up & saying "Go fu** your mother!" & seeing what happened- EVEN IF the fight WOULD have surely occured & I WOULD have had the shi** beaten out of me- MOST physical scars heal relatively quickly... Don't get me wrong, I think fighting is pretty stupid, but....

In ANY event, we're not talking about a real fight here & we ARE talking about situations where INNOCENT people could be hurt by a F&F ricer wannabe who for some reason see's a Porsche enthusiast as an excllent way to prove himself, DESPITE the fact that HIS car probably cost him 4-times what the 944 cost our RL brother, AND, is ~a decade & a half NEWER! WTF!? This guy's got a few probs & nothing's going to be solved by racing him, especially in a way that could jepordize you & others... Tell him that while he's busy jacking off in in his Integra telling himself he's hot & worrying about how many cars he can beat & can beat him, that YOU'LL be enjoying your car for what it is & concentrating on more important things... This guy's an ***....plain & simple... Of course, it WOULD be pretty funny to blow his doors off- do you know anyone w/a 951 the same color as your's? If so, beg them to borrow their car (they can ride along of course) & cover up the Turbo emblem- of course, you'll want to do it ONLY at night so he doesn't notice the subtle difs- just make an appointment, get there, & do it FAST- if he gets out of his car, even, tell him "WE race RIGHT NOW or not at all- I don't have time for BS- I'm running late for an appointment already- I've got JUST enough time to blow your cocky doors off & that's IT!" Then, the race starts, you walk him off the line, grab 2nd & show him tail lights, grab 3rd, hit the emergency blinkers & let off- you'll never have to break ~80mph & he'll go home wondering- of course, even this guy will probably know something's up, but, most people can't tell the dif b/t a NA & a 951 anyway... What color is your car anyway? INT & EXT? Where are you- Baltimore? PLENTY of 951's in your area.... Hell, for a few hundred $$$ I would take the, there & back, 14hr trip...
Old 02-29-2004, 01:58 AM
joseywhales
Instructor

Geo, why would you post my quote. You got Robby all worked up! It was an analogy, and it appears you have quoted a few people in this post. It almost seems like your picking a fight, but that would'nt be smart now would it!
Old 02-29-2004, 02:06 AM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

Where you at in Maryland? I'll bring the Chevy down and show him what real power is like.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:09 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: my 944 vs a integra (dont flame!)