Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ot: Snoooooow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

RED!!!! I SAID MY CAR WAS RED........DID YA FIND IT YET????
Old 02-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

WE DID THIS ALL DAY! EVENTUALLY WE FOUND AN APARTMENT BUILDING AND WERE DOING 4TH FLOOR JUMPS!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch
Old 02-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

AHHHHHHH - IT'S NICE AND SUNNY NOW - TOO BAD WE CAN'T GET INTO THE STORES YET!
Old 02-26-2004, 01:05 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

LOL....I guess it's okay if you hijack your own thread. Been busy on the phone at work this morning, so I haven't had time to surf Rennlist much....

Grasshopper, you have but figured out probably 1/1000th of any of the advanced 3d programs....I still don't fully understand all of the cool texture features in LightWave yet. So many things you can do with it. And I've been using Inspire/LightWave since 1999. I understand a great deal of it, but there are a few features I've not had to use much yet that I'd still like to learn and see what they can do. Cartoon shading and such.

I haven't done much with character animation yet either and building a character is a separate learning curve of its own. Then you get into rigging them and that's yet another entire learning curve. You can learn something new in probably any 3d program for many years to come, even using it day in and day out. I have some funny stories about some of this, but I won't get into it all here....

Lots of work.....lots of patience and lots of tweaking. Experience helps so, so much in it, too. Running into a problem and not knowing how to fix it can take hours of your time to get something right, but then you suddenly have an idea of how to get it to work and it does and you have that knowlege the next time you need it (if you remember it! ). Whatever program you have, search the Internet for that programs name and tutorials and you'll find a wealth of stuff to try out and learn with.

So I'm not totally off topic, it is snowing here now....about an inch in the grass, roads are just wet/slightly slushy.

And speaking of snow and 3d, I have a little short that I've been on and off working on with jets and snow and such...have some very cool things going on with that.

Originally posted by Campeck
oh, hey Andrew
dont mean to jack my own thread....hmmm.....but I got that program and I figured half the stuff out and I'm now making a solar system with a little spaceship. ( and I dont see how you made that car in that little 3-d world!)

and It snowed.......
Old 02-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

Well, that's a pretty good idea of what we got. There were some much higher banks next to my house after the ploughs came through, but I don't have pics of them yet.

The coolest thing was the fact that I live on a hill open to wind and the winds were as high as 120 klms. My driveway has absolutely NO snow in it....not a flake. The damaged 944S didn't have a drop of snow on it either and the walking paths from my house doors were also blown clear....it was all just the way the wind was blowing. I only had to shovel what the ploughs dumped in front of my driveway (mind you, it took 5 hours to clear that). I had no where's NEAR the shovelling that most had.

Biggest storm here in the past 50 years!

Jeff (944S Boyeee)
Old 02-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

cool.
I'll look for those tutorials then.
thanks.

oh yeah, SNOW!
Old 02-26-2004, 01:09 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

and my solar system craped out on me.
haha
oh well
Old 02-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Campeck, that snow looks pretty bad down here. Have they sent in the national guard yet? How are you guys coping?
Old 02-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

Am I loosing my eyesight or is that some dude trying to use an ATV over 4+ feet of snow? Have they heard of snowmobiles?
Silly, isn't it??? That's not me, but I did get a good laugh at those ATV fools who were out. They are all smartassy all season long with their lil' mini-ploughs, but this storm bitchsmacked them pretty good! All pulling out an ATV at that point did was just give you another thing you have to dig out!

Looks like you're getting hit pretty good as well. Fun, isn't it I LOVE driving in the snow
Yuppers, it's fun alright. We didn't have roads for a couple of days though. Sorry for bringing up those pics being innacurate......there is a website somewhere that contains those pics. That State Tropper must have been too lazy to go take pics himself. New York.......Nova Scotia......Newfoundland, it doesn't really matter, we all pretty much share the curse of the snow and have felt it hard the past few weeks! Newfoundland is getting hit right now with ANOTHER massive storm. It just missed us!!! (wipes brow)

Jeff (944S Boyeee)
Old 02-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Peckster
Campeck, that snow looks pretty bad down here. Have they sent in the national guard yet? How are you guys coping?
well.
were all stuck in the house playin socom.
theres no coke left, or milk, and the apple juice had floating stuff in it.
but were ok for now!
Old 02-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 944S Boyeee
I just so happened to be right smack dab in the middle of the 100 cm (that's around FIVE FEET American folks)
Ummm...I think your math might be off a little. last I checked 100cm is only a meter, that's barely more than 3'! We get one like that about once every 4-5 years way down here. I got a picture someplace of the three footer last year.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:27 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, heavy snow indicates something a bit different than an amount. It indicates that temps are near or at freezing which means a very wet and consequently sticky snow, which will stick to near anything (I've seen several inches on the flat sides of a tree or house with a little wind blowing it) and that causes massive power outages as it sticks to lines and brings them down. We can also have a lot of freezing rain down here too....NC recently got quite a bit of it. Imagine instead of snow finding an inch of ice covering the ground! Yikes!!!!!

Originally posted by iloveporsches
Heavy snow advisory for FOUR inches?!?!? School closed for that much? We had to get at least 8", and it better have come down mostly between 3 and 6 am, or you were going to school. I just hope no one down south ever vacations in the north during the winter. That could be a traffic disastor.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

Ummm...I think your math might be off a little
You are right. I kept hearing "We got 4 to 5 feet of snow!!!". That was closer to the water, where they got like 120-150 cm. Around my place, we got 100cm and I criss-crossed the two. My bad!

Jeff (944S Boyeee)
Old 02-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Baron009
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE DID THIS ALL DAY! EVENTUALLY WE FOUND AN APARTMENT BUILDING AND WERE DOING 4TH FLOOR JUMPS!!!
hahaha! That's an amazing pic.

well
Its enough to close school.
LOL. Thats too funny.

Quick Reply: Ot: Snoooooow!!!