Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt light

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 02:33 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Seat belt light

When I put the key in and turn it to the "on" position (but don't start), normally the idiot lights on the dash and the center console illuminate to test. I've noticed that some of the lights DON'T test (including the turn signal, low fuel light, high-beam indicator light). These are probably normal to not light up / test, but oddly the "fasten seat belt" light at the bottom of the 3-in-1 lamp assembly in the center console doesn't light up either. I pulled out the cluster over the weekend to see if it was maybe a burned-out bulb, but apparently you can't change them individually (you have to get the whole unit). I popped the red lens off and looked as closely at the filament of the bulb as I could and it APPEARED good, but who knows (any way to test it?)

Anyway, the weirder part is the other major part of the seatbelt warning system (the buzzer when you put the key in) doesn't work either. Is there a circuit that might be disconnected someplace? Maybe the PO disconnected it to keep from being annoyed by it all the time - who knows. All fuses / relays look good.

Quick Reply: Seat belt light