Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: capslock

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Default OT: capslock

Pulled out of a side street, came to a light. While stopped at the red light, dropped a friend off, as a cop car pulled behind me. When the light turned, I left the light normally. The cop followed w/in 2 feet or so of my bumper. I changed lanes, and slowed down, and so did the cop. I moved back over to the right lane, as did the cop, at which point he turned on his lights (up to this point he was literally w/in 2 feet of my bumper). Anyway, I turned on my right turn signal, and he fell back about 2 car lenghts. I pulled infront of a shopping strip, and turned off the car. He came up to me and asked to see my license and registiration. I told him my registiration was in the glove box and proceeded to open it while he yelled "well go ahead and get it then". He asked me what I was doing tonight, where I had been, where I was going (to which I replied grabbing some chinese food, naming the restaurant that I was headed for), and continually interrupting me as I was trying to answer his questions. I remembered that I had a court date for the expired registration ticket I received two weeks ago, and that I put the updated registration along with that ticket in an envelope. I explained to the officer that it was in an envelope, inside my glove box (to let him know I needed to reach there again). He asked me if my registration was expired, to which I replied "it was, but it is current now", he interrupted me with "oh I didn't even realize that, that's going to be a pain" or something along those lines. Anyway, he looked at my license and registration and told me that I needed tires. I told him I was planning to get them tomorrow (one of my tires was corded badly). He asked "are you scared", to which I replied "I'm just wondering why there's 5 cop cars here", he replied "5? I only count 3". Then he told me he could not let me drive my car as is, and to park it, pointing to a spot. He asked me if I still lived at the address on my license, to which I replied "yes, @ xxx. street". He told me to park my car and come back to get my license/registration. I did as he said. I walked back to the cops that were holding my license/registiration. He positioned it to seem like he was giving it back to me, but held on to it when I reached for it, saying "what's your birthdate?" I chuckled and replied (obviously w/the correct date). He handed it to me. As I was walking back to my car, he yelled, "the restaurant you named is back this way, not over there". I replied "I need to lock up my car". He told me he would wait there until I did. I said OK, and started putting the paper work back into the glove box. He abruptly took off. As soon as he/they did, I called my friend whom I had just dropped off (they were headed that way), thankfully he picked up. Anyway, he recorded the plate #s, as well as car #s of all 3 cars (which I have now). I should note that the guy whom I had dropped off witnessed most of this ordeal, from where he was standing (about two blocks from the point where I pulled over). I phoned another friend w/a Porsche to borrow an extra wheel. Drove home w/the spare, as the area was swarming w/cops and I did not want to take a chanse.
Ahmet
Old 02-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn??? They couldn't find anything better to do??? At least they didn't write you up for anything. How annoying!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 11:43 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Now you see why my job is so interesting
Old 02-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, sounds like a call to the police station is in order and filing a complaint for harrassment might be next.

Michelle - I bet your job is interesting. What is your specialty?
Old 02-23-2004, 01:44 PM
mochman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF is all I could think of.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 509 Posts

What an *******....sorry for your experience....Ive never been that mean to people who actually deserved it....maybe he had you confuse for someone else?

Quick Reply: OT: capslock