Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Ed Petry
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Power Window Issue

Hi everyone,
Hope driving season is enjoyable.
I am in need of help with two issues.

First issue/question is:
Have an issue with my 1988 NA passenger window winder (love the manual's nomenclature). My issue is the passenger window will roll down but not up.
Here are the results of my investigation:

--Motor is fine. Jumpered 12v to the motor connectors and both directions operate as expected (matter-of-fact I removed the regulator/motor assembly as I need to replace the rollers and clean/lube the assembly).
--I have ~12VDC on the RED/BLK wire (pin 5) allowing the window to roll down.
--I have no voltage on the RED/WHT wire (pin 4).
--Tracing the wiring (on the schematic) shows it is connected to the T18 connector. Then it travels to the T19 connector. And it appears it is connected to the Driver's side passenger door window switch.

My question is: could the driver's side switch be the issue of no power on the passenger side switch pin 4?

Second question is -- I have a spare window motor that someone has taken apart (gear and armature split only). The gear locks every time I attempt to reassemble it. How do I reassemble this motor?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:13 PM
Dan Martinic
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts

I pulled my drivers' side passenger window switch--which stopped working--cleaned & reassembled it. Not only was it fixed, the passenger side switch--whose 'up' didn't work--now works again too.

Not sure if this helps answer your first question... but good excuse to tell my story
Old 07-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Ed Petry
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE}"My question is: could the driver's side switch be the issue of no power on the passenger side switch pin 4?"[QUOTE]

The answer is Yes. The schematic showed power ran through the driver's side switch. Experimentation and replacement shows this is true.

On to my second question:

I have a spare window motor that someone has taken apart (gear and armature split only - internals are not disassembled). The gear locks every time I attempt to reassemble it. How do I reassemble this motor?

Quick Reply: Power Window Issue