Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silly question. Porsche attire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 09:41 AM
epbrown01
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The great line from Friends is when Ross sees Joey (who's pretending to own a 996) and says "You look like a Porsche threw up on you!"

I've got the baseball cap, 3 t-shirts (2 say 911SCWDP - a Pelican thing - and the other for my mechanic's shop), and for Xmas my SO got me the Laguna jacket. I've found that owning more than 1 Porsche helps carry off the accessories. People look dubiously at you in Porsche-wear and say "So do you own a Porsche?" Say you have one, and the reaction is like "Uh-huh. " while they think "Over-enthusiastic newbie." Say you have two and their eyes widen and you simply get "Oh." Three or more, and you can pretty much walk around in a driving suit and shoes, carrying your helmet.

Emanuel
Old 02-20-2004, 09:53 AM
schadenfreude
Instructor

I've got a baseball cap (multi-coloured, with porsche text on the front), and a polo shirt (blue and white stripes, with the porsche text on it). Both were given to me by my parents many years ago because they knew I loved porsches, but I've only owned one for the last couple of weeks I've worn the shirt once when driving it but I didn't really put much thought into it, just happened to be what I was wearing.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Joe Anstett
Racer

Originally posted by Dave
I have a Porsche cap, I've had it a few years and it's starting to look a little "tired." It's great for use between autox runs to hide the "helmet hair!"
Dave, do you still autocross? Looks like e-town by your avatar. I've been going there for 2 years but I don't recall seeing your car there. I also plan on showing up to a few Porsche club events, maybe one or two m-club and NASA events.

Oh yeah, I have a pair of Porsche gloves.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:01 PM
exc911ence
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally posted by epbrown01
The great line from Friends is when Ross sees Joey (who's pretending to own a 996) and says "You look like a Porsche threw up on you!"

I've got the baseball cap, 3 t-shirts (2 say 911SCWDP - a Pelican thing - and the other for my mechanic's shop), and for Xmas my SO got me the Laguna jacket. I've found that owning more than 1 Porsche helps carry off the accessories. People look dubiously at you in Porsche-wear and say "So do you own a Porsche?" Say you have one, and the reaction is like "Uh-huh. " while they think "Over-enthusiastic newbie." Say you have two and their eyes widen and you simply get "Oh." Three or more, and you can pretty much walk around in a driving suit and shoes, carrying your helmet.

Emanuel

Old 02-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got a hat somewhere.
this post just reminded me.
I would wear it to school.
IF I COULD FIND IT!!
Old 02-21-2004, 05:42 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I own a "Porsche Design" T-shirt my best friend bought me in Las Vegas. I wear it all the time; weather permitting

Quick Reply: Silly question. Porsche attire?