Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on lseats.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018 | 12:46 AM
DSMblue
Three Wheelin'

Default Opinions on lseats.com

Has anyone used lseats.com to get replacement leather seat covers? Wanted to know about fit and quality of their leather. Their pricing is significantly better than most other locations, which has me a bit suspicious.
Old 12-30-2018 | 12:49 AM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

Other forums claim they are pretty good. Just the wait time. I'm literally looking at their site now for black leather with red stitching for my cab's sports seats.
Old 12-30-2018 | 05:06 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

They are ok if you are selling the car and want the seats to look good, they just don’t last and will start to deteriorate within a year. They are cheap because the leather is inferior. It is thin and wears out quickly, there are imperfections usually on the back side that you don’t see that will cause the front to crack prematurely and the stitching at the seams will pull away within months.
Old 12-30-2018 | 05:48 AM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

^ Is that first hand experience?
Old 12-30-2018 | 06:07 AM
Borisg
Intermediate

Personal experience:
STAY AWAY!!!!!

They love to take your money, but if you have any problem (and you will have! - two times they sent wrong items), there is no one on the other side willing to take responsibility for their mistakes.
I've ordered leather seats, received a vinyl set .
contacted them, at first they were very responsive, took responsibility for the mistake and send me another set (i asked them to declare its a replacement not to pay taxes again - they didn't do it - i'm from Israel..)
After receiving the replacement set, one of the back seats got ripped during assembly.. I've tried contact them again, but only after a dozen of emails they replied an said that they will send me a replacement (each replacement set is at list 3 weeks wait.. before shipment..).
Again, (i asked them to declare its a replacement not to pay taxes again - they didn't do it. This time i refused to pay the duties again, so i tried to contact them to resolve this issue.. no luck tenths of emails i send them.. no reply.. no comment.. nothing..
This whole story took about 4 months untill i gave up and refused to pay taxes for another replacement set..

Beware

Old 12-30-2018 | 06:08 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DeWolf
^ Is that first hand experience?
Yes, a friend and I both ordered sets a few years ago, they really are not a quality product but did you really expect to hear they were top notch at that price. Apparently there are no short cuts or bargains and you get what you pay for in leather.
Old 12-30-2018 | 07:47 AM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MAGK944

Yes, a friend and I both ordered sets a few years ago, they really are not a quality product but did you really expect to hear they were top notch at that price. Apparently there are no short cuts or bargains and you get what you pay for in leather.
Cheers mate. I'll probably give them a miss if that's the case. Gotta love forums!
Old 12-30-2018 | 10:51 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DeWolf
Cheers mate. I'll probably give them a miss if that's the case. Gotta love forums!
Check our this review and especially the feedback in post 38 after some use. Like I said they fit ok and don’t look too bad, they just don’t last, leather is just too thin. @lart951 makes exceptionally nice seats as does Rob at Classic 9 Leathershop but off course you have to pay for quality. Only944 does the best vinyl kit for the budget conscious, made from quality German vinyl and with many great reviews.
Old 12-30-2018 | 03:43 PM
aussie944cab
Instructor

I'll add to the chorus of people saying "stay away" I bought fronts for my Cab, arrived, fitted OK, stitching seemed weak, but went to order a set of rears but as they didn't have the Cab template I sent them my original script covers and backing carpet, with the understanding that I receive them back, well I didn't, numerous emails later, no reply, I want my originals back as they were just a bit dirty (I didn't want the dog to ruin them),
stay away and save to pay for quality
Old 12-30-2018 | 07:18 PM
DSMblue
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for al the input. Kind of validated what I thought, but wanted to get feedback from those who have gone before.

Quick Reply: Opinions on lseats.com