Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many tickets??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 10:23 AM
rwodabek
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No tickets, one warning though. But I think the cop just liked Porsches cause we sat a talked about his buddies 911 that burned up in his garage.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick note:

Seems that many of you have gotten tickets and then gotten a radar detector to prevent future tickets.

Have you guys ever considered just slowing down a bit?!? I know that's a radical thought, but it does work!

-Z-man.

Last edited by Z-man; 02-02-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:47 AM
TheCooler
Instructor

No Tickets in the porsche. 1 in my 89 sundance going 40 in a 25 ...sheesh. Got that dropped though.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

2 total and like my fellow Rennlisters, way to many close calls to count. I actually drive slower in the Porsche then I do in my daily driver. The Porsches just get to much attention from the police. Best wishes and keep it legal! - Jay Gratton
Old 02-02-2004, 12:12 PM
eurotrash
Instructor

None in the porsche but I got one for accerating to fast and splashing through a puddle in a 87 VW cabrio. Had that droped. And one for not having a valid registration sticker on my car. Had that droped as well. my sisters bf is the chiefs son now so I know all cops in town and I just get waves now.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:13 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

I used to speed a lot, got a couple of tickets in POS cars (thank God it wasn't actually in anything fast), got a radar detector and got 1 more, then I didn't get anymore after that. Never been ticketed in a sports car, although I did have a cop yelling at me from his car one day for going the same speed as a woman in front of me was going....sheesh. I was in the sports car and she was in the wagon...guess who gets yelled at? I'm sure at some point in time, somewhere down the road I will get one.....

I haven't had a radar detector in years. On the 4-lane highways around here my trips usually won't change by more than 2 minutes at best speeding a lot than just a little. Not worth worrying about the ticket. The 2-lane roads around where I live are almost never patrolled and even if there is an officer there, the chances of them having a radar gun is virtually nil as there are only 2 in the whole county and unless you are doing something that really warrants being pulled over (reckless driving not just speeding or some such) they don't pull people over anyway (I know several). I've gone 65mph in a 35 zone going the opposite way by them and they are going at least 55mph on one specific road....they just wave. One female officer gave me a really dirty look one time though. DE's are far enough way and too far in between for me to really be able to confine myself to fast driving only at a racetrack, but if I'm going to, I do make several precautions and do whatever and slow back down. I'm actually MORE of a calm driver in the Porsche than I am in my Saturn. Maybe because its more comfortable and if I wanted to straight flat put 'em behind me I could easily I do hit triple digits once in a while on the street, but its more of a controlled straight with no traffic up to those numbers and right back down, not sustained. This car is so fast that it takes only a short straight to do it and then back to near legal speeds even quicker with these big brakes. However most of the time I'm just cruising around in the turbo....until I get the oil warmed up, I don't boost it, so that keeps me much closer to legal as well
Old 02-02-2004, 12:18 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

I stopped using my radar detector years ago because with my driving habits, I'm more likely to get ticketed for having the radar detector than actually speeding. If I go on long road trips that are out of state, I'd probably still use it as that extra bit of protection, but won't rely on it.

BB.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:35 PM
83 TX 944
Racer

1, first ever , took 12 years and some change. Oh yea, it was this morning, 85 in a 65 in the Porsche. Hello Monday!!
Old 02-02-2004, 12:58 PM
FSTPRSH
Pro

Here we go...from left to right:

91 in 70
38 in 25 ( )
35 in 25 (even more )
My pride and joy of 120+ reckless, and I washed it
Parking where I wanted
I had my mirrors off my bike so I didn't see him following me for 6 blocks
The yellow one is funny, the guy wrote, "No motorcycle parking between handicap spaces!"
And the right one is them telling me I "must" have an attorney because jail time will probably result.

The only one that stuck is the 35 in 25, all the others "never existed". So it pays to fight the system, or know the prosecutor. I'm 21 too, and my insurance premium went down $50 this year.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:59 PM
FSTPRSH
Pro

Forgot the pic...
Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2004, 01:29 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Ok, now I'm 100% certain that badcoupe should never be allowed to drive a car on public streets.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally posted by iloveporsches
Ok, now I'm 100% certain that badcoupe should never be allowed to drive a car on public streets.
With that kinda record, I question him driving on a racetrack!

Badcoupe: you know, getting an out of state license can get you in real big trouble!

-Z-man.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't had a speeding ticket since late '81. (45 in a 35. Speed trap in neighborhood, old woman neighbor was concerned with her ducks crossing the road). Do I drive like a pansy a**......... not a chance! (ask my wife!).
I've only put about 3k miles on the 44. Will I get a ticket in it..........probably........eventually. When I was 16 to 21 years old, I had so many tickets to my name, I was required to go to a driving school twice IIRC, and had to cough up for costly insurance and bond that I paid for myself, as I would NEVER consider driving without insurance or a license (even when I was considered "sue proof").....and it prove to be a darn good thing I did!
I had a cop "harrassing" me for a year or so myself! Now that I look back on it, I know now I should be real gratefull for this "harassment"! I strongly believe it helped keep me alive durring that period (any maybe some others too.....God forbid!). Not trying to be an ****, but.......we all have to take responsibilities for our actions.......sometime. I'm kinda concerned with this issue of "rights" when its mainly a personal resposibility issue. IMHO....of course. P.S. I know your wondering......I'm 49 years old.

Quick Reply: how many tickets??