Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

968CS questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Robby, that's true as well.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Bryan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I can tell, the 968 rear seat cubby is as follows:

Imagine taking the rear seat out of your 944 or 968. The seat back, and the bottom cushion. Now there are these two sections of the floor pan of the car visible where the seat bottom cushions were. Now carpet those areas. Then put that carpeted board over top of them that is the same shape as the seatback when folded down. And there you have it.

So there is a little carpeted storage area under there, but no door or anything on it. You could probably build something like this yourself with a trip to a junkyard for some carpet and a trip to home depot for some plywood and hardware.

Look at the PET and you can get an idea of what it consists of.

Bryan
Old 02-02-2004, 02:46 PM
jostrom
4th Gear

Robby

I will take some pictures of the "rear seat" for you tomorrow if you like.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jostrom-

PLEASE take some pics if you get a chance- I would REALLY appreciate that, although I think I have a decent idea now, thanks to Bryan's description.

I looked online for some & couldn't find them, BUT, I DID find a pic of 911CS from the late 80's- it is just as Bryan described, from what I can tell, but, it has a panel on the front, too, that has cut-outs- in other words, it's a panel that sits vertically, to dress it up a little I guess- it's much like the 968 Cab rear cubbies, except it doesn't have doors for the holes, or, the metal bar up top.

I can't ever seem to post pics here, but, I'll TRY to post the 911CS one I just got- if you can get pics of the 968CS one though, Jostrom, w/out it being a big PITA, please do. I would like to get a few dif pics of these things for some ideas & take them to a few friends who are good at things like this- I would need to find the right materials & have them help me build something that is both lightweight & functional- the ONLY thing I don't like about the 968 Cab cubby is the weight- it's made of wood & isn't but a few pounds lighter than the seats themselves, although it IS the nicest LOOKING one I've seen so far- the 911 RS America had a cool thing back there, but I haven't seen a pic of it in long time- IIRC, it was sort of like the 911CS- I'll have to dig through some magazines...

Anyway, thanks again guys...

Robby
Old 02-03-2004, 02:34 PM
jostrom
4th Gear

Robby

Here`s some pictures of the rear seat cover.
The board is 15 mm plywood.

Old 02-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jostrom-

Thanks a lot for the pics- I appreciate the close-ups, but, do you have one that shows the whole thing? like a face shot? Those are so close, that I can't really tell what it really is- those shots are GREAT for detail & I saved them, but I can't tell much else- I was wondering if it looked anything like the 911CS I found a pic of- I looked through about 500pics yesterday & did not find ONE interior pic of an RS America showing the rear- And the 911CS pic I have isn't quite enough to go from, plus, it's a totally different car... anyway, thanks again for going through all the trouble....
Old 02-03-2004, 03:56 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

This is the only one I've found that I THINK would be relatively easy to build...

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/pbackst_copy1.jpg
Old 02-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Okay- why wont that come up straight in the reply....???

Old 02-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 04:15 PM
jostrom
4th Gear

Robby

I will take some more pictures tomorrow i think it`s to dark outside.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks a LOT Jostrom- I really do appreciate it- I hate to ask you to keep messing w/it- I just finished looking all over the net & can't find any- I've found some from the rear angle- actually, one that's identical to the blue one you posted, only it has a cargo net & is in Japanese- there is a strange little tab too in one of the pics, w/an arrow pointed to it- I'll post the pic in a second- there is also a shot from the front that SORT of shows the cargo space, but, not really... anyway, thanks again... those close-ups will really come in handy when I can see hte whole thing... I'm going to look for some type of paneling tomorrow to make something with- preferably a hard plastic or something- actually, best would be sheets of carbon fibre, but...
Old 02-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/968cs41.jpg

Anyone know what THIS is? It's from a Japanese site & is a 968CS.....

Old 02-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Bill Foster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Robby: Here are 2 good contacts: Dhassenbein@aol.com (Don Hassenbein) he is putting together the 968 get together in Hershey,PA this April. Below is a copy of the email Don sent me:

If he is a 968 owner, please feel free to give him my email address, I will do my best to get him a hotel room. If he is looking for a 968 CS, there will be a fellow there who imported his original 968 CS from Germany and he can check it out. He just had it converted in Calif to meet US specification and I am not aware that he is selling. If he is selling a product to 968 owners, he should contact Steve Baun at SBTURBO@aol.com for details on renting a display space.

Hope this helps
Old 02-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bill- thanks for the input- actually, I'm not a 968 owner though- I'm just trying to find a good pic of the 968 CS rear seat area to try to build something similar (IF I like the looks) in my Turbo S- I have one pic of a 911CS rear area & now a few close-ups of the 911CS (thanks to Jostrom) but they don't appear to be too similar- If jostrom can get a full view pic or two tommorrow, then I should be fine, having enough to go on to try to duplicate it somewhat- I'm just going to have to find something that is lightweight to make it out of instead of thick wood... Maybe a sheet of hard plastic or carbon fobre or something- not sure that I'll be able to find anything of the sort though... I would think a sheet of finished carbon fibre would be best- could just cut to fit, sound deaden, carpet, & go... but where to find a sheet of finished CF???
Old 02-04-2004, 03:19 PM
jostrom
4th Gear

Robby

More pics. I hope these might be more useful.

Jorgen

Quick Reply: 968CS questions...