Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on replacing accelerator pedal

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 04:32 PM
Giorginetto
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Question on replacing accelerator pedal

I bought a brand new accelerator pedal for my 924S. I have replaced the cover for the other two pedals which were a bit worn and have bought a set of almost brand new original floor mats so naturally i want to replace the gas pedal as well . Is it an easy bob to do ? any advice/tips ?
Old 10-21-2018, 11:37 AM
EJZero1
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 1 Post

I’m assuming it’s the same as a 944. If so, it’s not a terrible job at all. The hardest part is a little c-clip where the linkage rod attaches near the top of the pedal. Once you get that off, gently pull the pedal forward, and there will be 2 small nuts attaching the pedal to the floor. Remove them and you’re done.

Be patient. That little c-clip can be trying, and the nuts/studs at the floor can be stingy. Try hitting the nuts with some type of penetrating oil and letting them soak for a bit before you try loosening.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:43 AM
Mike47
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EJZero1
I’m assuming it’s the same as a 944. If so, it’s not a terrible job at all. The hardest part is a little c-clip where the linkage rod attaches near the top of the pedal. Once you get that off, gently pull the pedal forward, and there will be 2 small nuts attaching the pedal to the floor. Remove them and you’re done.

Be patient. That little c-clip can be trying, and the nuts/studs at the floor can be stingy. Try hitting the nuts with some type of penetrating oil and letting them soak for a bit before you try loosening.
I know this is an old thread but I must admit that while I agree that getting the c-clip off at the top of the old pedal was a pain once the old pedal is off I am finding getting the washers and 10mm nuts back on the new pedal an even bigger pain. Anybody have any tricks, apart from employing very small people, to get this done?

Quick Reply: Question on replacing accelerator pedal