Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: The NEW Cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 07:05 PM
TaylorSea4
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the chance when I was about 15 to ride in a 428 powered replica Cobra. Hands down one of the most violent experiences I've had in a car that didn't crash. VERY cool, very, VERY violent.

That being said, I LOVE the new look. Sure, it's all concept-car trashy with the interior and the weird lines, but if Ford builds it (and they WILL, Shelby is on the payroll and has said he wants to end his car-building career where he started it) I think it's safe to say it's gonna ROCK. They've already built a GT3 and 360 beater in the GT40, and the new Mustang looks GREAT. They kept it fresh, they plagerized all the best features/ traits from the best cars, and they ended up with a cool design. Three hunnert ponies don't hurt, either. A little retro isn't bad when it invokes the fabled cars of old.

Think about it for a second. Six HUNDRED ponies provided by a honker daddy V-10, five HUNDRED lbs/ ft of torque, in a package that will scale (true to its heritage) in at 3000 lbs. The only real question in my mind is how many, and WHEN does the Gurney replica Daytona coupe come out??

I've said ever since the Viper came out that Ford should have done the Cobra redux. Dodge missed the mark with their hefty beast, in my opinion. Sure, it's badass and fast, but it's a pig. Shelby's cars were roadracing world beaters, and it's time the sportscar world got a nasty reminder of what a REAL snake is...

Quick Reply: OT: The NEW Cobra?