Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ripped of by a Rennlister! Please read

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Paul C 944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish i lived near by ,but My cell phone has unlimited long distace on the weekend ,so anyone else with this kind of plan,lets all keep calling till we get some results.

Dont mess with RENNLIST!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:29 AM
jp944
Pro

I think I'm going to start using an escrow service when large amounts of money are involved.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:44 AM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys;

I agree, this is intollerable.

I myself was scammed by someone, except I was the seller!

I build and sell the "famous" Redline Safeguard bolt in roll bar for 924-968s. I take deposit checks, and then ask for the balance around the time that I ship them out. I have sold them all over the country. I have never asked for anything but personal checks from people I don't even know because it would be a hassle to do charge cards and/or make them get bank checks.

I have never been ripped off and always been treated with the same respect, decency, and trust that I have offered. It has been a rewarding and affirming experience.

Except for the one *&@#%@%#%^*@$%@%$& that ripped me off. I made a mistake somehow. He got the wrong color bar. Black instead of red. I don't know how it happened, but I blew it. I sent him an e-mail and warned him.

Weeks of e-mails asking where the balance is get no response. When I get his balance check, it is for a hundred dollars less than the total! I of course send him another e-mail asking why he felt he had the right to rip me off. In essence he said "Since I didn't get what I paid for, I feel this is a fair solution."

I don't think so. I trust this guy. I bust my *** and my back and my hands to build these things. I make a simple mistake that could be cured by a $2.50 can of Krylon, and he sticks it up my A$$. The guy who got his red bar by mistake said "no big deal, I figured I'd just repaint it, but I kind of like the red now that it's in there!" Obviously not everyone is this cool!

A $100 aint big money, but it is the injustice, underhandedness, and deceipt that hurts. Tim... if you're reading this, I haven't forgotten!

I think a road trip might be in order!
Old 01-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gustaf,
sorry to her of the difficulties you have. When we had same kind of difficulties John D. was kind enough to help us. When John handeled our case we received our stuff quite quickly.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:14 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man that sucks!!! I think the idea of a rating system if you sell something on rennlist is a great idea! kinda like ebay. I also think the ability to post rating's should be limited to rennlist member's as well...since it would be easy for someone to come up with fake accounts and post things in their favor.

If I didn't live so far away I would be up for a trip up there...to kick some ***!!!! Oh what the hell if someone from down here is going come by and pick me up.....*** kicking road trip sounds like a great idea.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for all you replies!
I have contacted John D. in this matter but he hasn't read those PM's yet.

No news yet unfortunatly, other than he apprently has the screen name silicondigital on AOL instant messenger.

Perhaps trying to contact his father would help persuing him to step forward and solve this!

As I see it, he has 2 choices.
1) Send me the rest of the stuff
2) Refund $700 through Paypal

Once again, thank you all!
Gustaf
Old 01-23-2004, 03:26 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm sorry Gustaf...!!!

Between my e-mail getting barraged and my PMs - I'm a little behind in my reading.... Over the past few days - for some reason - I'm getting a LOT of both.. Be right back to you!

John D.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:52 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I am about 30 miles from camden, PM me if you have any more info, like address, etc...
Old 02-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

FYI.... this topic is unchanged.
I'm still "ripped of" so please help me with contacting this guy........
Old 02-28-2004, 11:07 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

Duke - I'll be in SC in the next month or so. Camden is far from where I plan on being, but I may be driving 77 down, which could put me very close to his house. I'll be going with 7 other guys...and if I am "in the area" I'll will definately stop in to say something. Sorry about your bad experience on this.

Mark
Old 02-28-2004, 11:35 PM
AgingRacefully
Track Day

Duke-

There will be HUNDREDS of Porshe folks staying in Camden next weekend for the PCA race at CMP! Many Rennlisters will likely be among them.....

Rick
Old 02-29-2004, 12:11 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Man that blows!

I hate to see someone get smoked like that! If there's someone in the SC area that has the time, it'd be great to see this d!ckhead get the State AGs office sic-ed on him. People like that ruin it for everyone else.

I just wonder how he'd react to about 50 porsche owners sitting outside his house. . . With baseball bats in hand.

Please post the updates, I have a feeling this one is going to have a very interesting ending!
Old 02-29-2004, 12:19 AM
j_overly
Instructor

JP944 got it right, use an escrow service. I believe PayPal now offers that service.

Until I read some of these posts, I would have made the wrong assumption that everyone here is honest (%99 are). Probably the best gauge here is the number of posts, member or not, and search on the user's past posts (or posts about them). There are a few people/companies I will probably avoid due to negative posts here.

I would think if he was a flat out crook, he wouldn't have sent anything at all. He either never had the other pieces or sold them.

Good luck!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:42 AM
jason952
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I will be there next weekend as a pit marshall. You need to tell me the address and any other info you got on this guy. pm me or something

Jason
Old 02-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for your help guys!
I'll PM you Jason!

Quick Reply: Ripped of by a Rennlister! Please read