Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo "Roller" - $2500

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 11:53 AM
SCEV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo "Roller" - $2500

Year: 1986
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 944 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 128207
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Alarm System, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Grey
VIN: WP0AA0950GN155306
Price (no $ sign please): $2500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Other
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Bought this 1986 951 for $5k back in 2012, then converted it to electric drive. I've decided to move on to a new project, so I'm selling off all my Porsche stuff. Car does not run, as all the electric drive components as well as the Engine/turbo/KLE/DMR/radiator/etc. have been removed, small "battery box" is where radiator used to be. Gas tank has been removed, and trunk now has a "battery box" in it's place. All exhaust piping has been removed.

Saved the AC compressor, so that comes with it. Have the "batwing" and other underneath panels that most of these cars lost over the years. Pretty sure all electrical items on the car work, including clock...only items I know not working are brake pad sensors (they were removed) and cigarette lighter (I removed and put in a RJ45 coupler for diagnostics). All the random wiring you see hanging in the engine bay and underneath the car is just leftover from me removing all EV components, and will be removed. All factory wiring harness' still in place.

Since I got the car, I had the windshield/antenna replaced, upgraded all suspension components, replaced hood/trunk gas struts and rebuilt the power steering rack. Electric power steering pump and the adapter/coupler bolted to the torque tube shown in the pics will be removed. Have lots of additional extra parts I got from Brian944Turbo, just never installed them, shown in pics...includes all parts necessary to convert to power door locks. I do not have the alarm key. Rear interior panels are currently removed, had them out to upgrade the speakers, but never got around to it.

Car has one rust spot, below back of passenger door. After removing the rear interior panels, noticed the speaker cutout is different on that side, so I'm assuming that whole rear passenger side quarter panel was replaced at some point, even though the PO said it was "never wrecked".

Let me know what other questions you have...looking forward to getting this out of the garage (well, wife is)!

- Scott

Old 09-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Alex89
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Scott, what happened to make you choose to end this project? I'm very interested in EV conversions, especially on 944s, but would appreciate learning from any mistakes or bad experiences you had. Or if you just got tired of it that makes sense too.

As for the car I think you'd have better luck parting it out. The parts shown would easily add up to over $2500 on eBay and chances are anyone who buys it will do the same. Just my unsolicited opinion, best of luck with the sale.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:53 PM
SCEV
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alex89
Hi Scott, what happened to make you choose to end this project? I'm very interested in EV conversions, especially on 944s, but would appreciate learning from any mistakes or bad experiences you had. Or if you just got tired of it that makes sense too.

As for the car I think you'd have better luck parting it out. The parts shown would easily add up to over $2500 on eBay and chances are anyone who buys it will do the same. Just my unsolicited opinion, best of luck with the sale.
Hey Alex...simplest answer is I just never used it or had time to work on it anymore. Started the project before kids, and now have 2...and car seats don't fit unfortunately. It just sat in the garage, so figured it was time to move on...was a great conversion car and fun project though! Check out my blog in my signature if you haven't yet...didn't keep it up to date, but gives some good insight into the start of the project.

I agree on parting it out, but wanted to try and sell it all together first, to try and save myself the time of taking it apart and shipping each item.

- Scott
Old 09-07-2018, 01:41 AM
bonus12
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Scott, what's the color code on this 951? I know someone looking for LB7V Graphite Metallic.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:03 AM
SCEV
Instructor

Originally Posted by bonus12
Hey Scott, what's the color code on this 951? I know someone looking for LB7V Graphite Metallic.
Color code is LY7U, which I believe is Slate Grey Metallic, but some threads said Stone Grey. Attached is a pic of the sticker in the trunk.

Last edited by SCEV; 09-07-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:32 AM
SCEV
Instructor

Wouldn't let me add pic to previous reply...
Old 09-07-2018, 02:29 PM
lamrith
Instructor

Man, wish you were closer. Been dreaming about doing am EV for years, and 944 are supposed to be great EV base.

Quick Reply: 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo "Roller" - $2500