Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 emergency

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004 | 02:55 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have my cheesehead and jack in the truck. I'll have to go to the office and pick up a boiler suit, since my garage clothes are still covered in grime from last night.

Props to Kevin for coming over and lending a hand last night! We got the rack back in, almost back on the road. Just a couple details now.
Old 01-14-2004 | 06:07 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Hey guys, I really hate to do this, but my wife called me at the Girl has been sick all day, and I really have to go relive my wife so...Looks like I'm out tonight. Sorry.

Brian, I brought my Mity-vac (brake bleeder) remember he changed the rear brake lines. If you think ya'll will get that far, stop at my office and pick it up. (I'll leave it with Taylor).

David, you need to get two of those clips that hold the brake line through the control arm.

If you guys need some "tech support" call me I'll be at home.
Old 01-14-2004 | 08:34 PM
944S2NUT
Drifting

Rennlist saves the day again!
Old 01-15-2004 | 09:24 AM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

How much progress did you guys make? What is left to do?
Old 01-15-2004 | 11:33 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

We got his rear subframe back in. That took a little time. He already had the torque tube in when I got there. There's a reason he hadn't removed that driver's side rear shock. I had to use a cheater pipe to break it loose.

He has to do a little work on a sensor wire, then he'll be ready to put up the tranny. I had to leave at 9 to beat Becki home. If she'd found out I hadn't fed the dogs before she got home she'd kill me.
Old 01-15-2004 | 05:25 PM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

The CV joints are done, the brake lines are in, the starter is in, rear konis are in, the suplimental positive is in, the main ground is done, the suplimental ground is in.

All thats left is the main positive needs to be put in, the reference sensors need to be bolted on, the emergency brake needs to be adjusted back in, the tranny needs to be back in along with that sensor, the axles bolted in, then the exhaust, and then we will turn the key, and see what happens.

My Nieghbor and i are going to take care of the rest of the details tonight like the main positive, the reference sensors, the emergency brake, and that sensor. If my father is available tonight I might drag him into the garage so he can help us with the tranny, once that gets done its just the axles and bolt the torque converter to the tranny, the exhaust is cake, and thats it. I am hoping to turn the key tonight, but it probably won't be until Friday or Saturday. I will keep you guys updated.

Big shoutout goes to James, Brian, and Kevin. We made great effort working together, and i couldn't have done it without these guys. Dinner is on me when I am soon driving again.

-David

Quick Reply: 944 emergency