Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you buy a PNP Megasquirt for NA 944?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 04:28 PM
I <3 enginerding
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Would you buy a PNP Megasquirt for NA 944?

Are you interested in purchasing a PNP Megasquirt kit for an NA 944? Please let me know if you would be interested and at what price you think is reasonable.

Price will be for a complete PNP kit with all hardware and base maps to get the car running.

Knowing the volume of the components that I will need to order will give me a better idea of what the final cost will be. I am optimistic that it will be cheaper than the VEMS PNP. I hope there's no hard feelings Peep!

I'm developing a PNP MS for my own 944 and am toying with the idea of making a kit to sell to the community.

A bit about me, I have an MS in mechanical engineering and I'm a Iife long car nerd. I've been partaking in Formula SAE for the last 3 years; I worked on powertrain for the 2017 car and suspension for the current car. I also did research at the UMass Lowell Combustion Lab where I studied the effects of fuel additives.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:10 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I have MS on my NA and it's worth it, for those who always have to tinker with something. Car has never been more reliable and the engine runs butter smooth. I went from stock to a Rogue Tuning MAF kit and then to MS, the improvement I got from MS is about the same as the MAF kit and maybe slightly more.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:56 PM
The Forgotten On
Rennlist Member

Received 316 Likes on 263 Posts

Over on the alfa romeo forums they shove megasquirts into old L jet brains. They are larger than the 944 brains. Same case as the 928's brain though.

I plan to do the same for my 81 928 to account for the modified engine I'm building for it.

So long as you can harvest the male connectors it is pretty easy to put together. You just need female spade connectors to connect to the old original connector inside of the case.

More info can be found here: http://alfagtv6.com/MegaSquirt/Megasquirt.htm

Quick Reply: Would you buy a PNP Megasquirt for NA 944?