Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil leak fixed...caused by another X-mechanic!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 05:46 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Oil leak fixed...caused by another X-mechanic!

Well, once again, I am paying money out to fix something that should have been fixed right the first time!

I had the oil cooler seals done a few months back, and was charged about $300 or more. Turns out when they re-fitted the oil cooler, they re-used some crush washer that connects to the return hose/pipe? That was causing my leak.

At least this guy knew to look for that, and figured it out. Only charged me for the labor $150.

I wont even mention who messed it up in the first place. No point, since everyone likes these mechanics enough to recommend them to me. Go figure.

Happy new year all!
Old 01-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

you mean the little crush washer that goes around the little doohicky that sticks out by the green oring (not the red one, the green one).

Yeah, I paid to have that replaced three times. at least that was your problem, it wasnt even my problem!HA

current score tom 3 times, andy 2 times.

plus the mecanic that worked on my car before i bought it screwed things up worse then the mechanic that worked on your car! topping that is gonna cost you 5 grand - while you're in there.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:53 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess...I'm not sure, since my blood pressure was way up when the guy was telling me about it!

I only paid to have it replaced once, although the first repair should have done it as part of the process. So maybe that is 2 times?

Could have been the main seal or something...so I'm not THAT upset!

Quick Reply: Oil leak fixed...caused by another X-mechanic!