Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin CrossClimate tyres?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 09:59 AM
zogster
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Michelin CrossClimate tyres?

Does anyone have any experience of Michelin CrossClimate tyres?

Someone had recommended them to me and I wanted to see if other 944 owners had tried 'em.

I don't really *need* winter tyres, but it would be terrific if I could fit a set that weren't quite as awful as my Toyo T1Rs turned out to be when I used them in the UK's last icy spell. (Long story short: not too bad on heavily-used mostly-cleared roads, like ice skates on icier side roads.)
Old 04-28-2022, 08:54 AM
RNummi
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin CrossClimate 2 on 958 CTT

Just replaced Blizzak's. WIll let you know how they go,
Old 10-18-2023, 12:57 PM
B Feelgood
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Care to give an update on how the CC2 tires perform on your 958 Cayenne Turbo since you had them for awhile now? How's the road noise, comfort from impacts, stability at high speed, etc?

Debating between the CC2 and the AS4 at the moment. The Y rated tires usually ride very stiff/hard and don't have much winter traction. My 958 is an S with the standard non-air suspension and it rides very rough with the Y rated tires currently on it.

Like the idea of the V rated CC2 but main concern is stability when cruising at 80-100 mph on the highway.

​​​​​

Originally Posted by RNummi
Just replaced Blizzak's. WIll let you know how they go,
Old 10-19-2023, 01:11 PM
curtisr
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by B Feelgood
Care to give an update on how the CC2 tires perform on your 958 Cayenne Turbo since you had them for awhile now? How's the road noise, comfort from impacts, stability at high speed, etc?

Debating between the CC2 and the AS4 at the moment. The Y rated tires usually ride very stiff/hard and don't have much winter traction. My 958 is an S with the standard non-air suspension and it rides very rough with the Y rated tires currently on it.

Like the idea of the V rated CC2 but main concern is stability when cruising at 80-100 mph on the highway.

​​​​​
Consumer's Union/Consumer Reports magazine has given top marks to the Cross Climate. As a result, we've put them on a Subaru and a VW. It's never been a source of fear, trepidation, or wishing we had got something else. Here's another rating from a Canadian site:

Quick Reply: Michelin CrossClimate tyres?