Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wax forms....(Whats better)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 02:45 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Fishey

Zymol Vintage Glaze
$1,345.00
That's EXACTLY why the stuff you find at KMart is made in the turtlewax factory....I doubt many KMart shoppers would be picking that up to wax up the ole car. Not nearly so much money to be made on that considering profit per item sold multiplied by the numbers of items sold.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes its made in the turtle wax factory but its still good wax....
Old 01-05-2004, 03:06 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't doubt that it's not good...turtlewax is still okay wax. But Zaino isn't the same as a carnuba wax. I've tried waxes and most of them within 3-4 months don't bead water well...they have lost most of their protection. Between the wild things going on for me and the extra work I've been doing, it's been probably 6 months (maybe more) since I put the Zaino on mine and it still beads the water really well...it still feels smooth. All the washes in between haven't removed it. So yes, there are many waxes better, but not IMHO for daily drivers that always get a good wax job every month or something. Different things for different uses/environments.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:19 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

its good wax, dont get me wrong. i love the shine it brought out in my car, and how good zymol made it look (see picture). the thing is, in this picture the car looks amazing from 5 feet and back, what you cant see is how streaky and oily it also made the finish look, which youu can quickly notice when youre a few feet away. so dont get me wrong, zymol makes good products, but the wax they sell on the other side of the pond (and im not necessarly talking about that $1000 stuff) is much better.

Old 01-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Zymol is not Turtle wax... They have almost nothing alike except for the place were it is bottled.. Try both side by side then tell me there the same wax.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:29 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

zymol is a little better than turtle wax, dont get me worng. but its still not a really great wax. P21S, Zaino, & Griots are by far much better quality waxes.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by hoffman912
its good wax, dont get me wrong. i love the shine it brought out in my car, and how good zymol made it look (see picture). the thing is, in this picture the car looks amazing from 5 feet and back, what you cant see is how streaky and oily it also made the finish look, which youu can quickly notice when youre a few feet away. so dont get me wrong, zymol makes good products, but the wax they sell on the other side of the pond (and im not necessarly talking about that $1000 stuff) is much better.

Don't take this the wrong way harry... but you need to read the instructions..(Zymol is a wetwax that is why it was so streaky) That streakyness is from all the oils that are in the wax.. Also on the other side of the pond if its liquid wax its the same zymol cleaner wax you will find here.

When I say wet wax here is what I am talking about... (From Zymol directions)

For maximum gloss and shine, lightly spray cool, clean water onto freshly waxed finish and buff with a soft clean cloth. A light spray of water will "set" and level the natural ingredients for a more brilliant, even shine. For Maximum protection, apply a minimum of 3-4 times annually.

I broke this down some more.. I use Distilled water (for pureness) and when it says "onto freshly waxed" it means when you are all done getting the wax off and done with the normal buffing. If you do this it make all the diffrence in the world.

Quick Reply: Wax forms....(Whats better)