Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subaru Acting up

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 02:57 AM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Acting up

ok...since the intercooler slipped off, this car has been acting up bad...

A) When I put it into drive, it idles rough.
B) The boost gauge will different boost level at different time I floor it.
C) Even when riding it in, if RPM's are low, you can feel the engine moving.
D) Weird smell when I shut off the car.

Theres other stuff too

From ABC, I'm guessing vacuum line is cut or something...I checked connections and they seemed fine....Is there a way to check if there is a vacuum leak?

From D, I'm going to expect the worst....either my turbo needs rebuilt or my engine is starting to burn oil....I'm figuring that the turbo will go before the engine will....but hopefully you guys can give me some good advice...i'm alittle upset now cause if I gotta spend $$$$ on a new engine, then that takes $$$$ from the porsche fund....

anyhow, advice please

thanks,
space
Old 12-29-2003, 03:01 AM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

Any coolant loss?

Sounds like you need one or two of these.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:37 AM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

yeah...actually, Last time I got my oil changed, the guy said there was alittle coolant in my oil....which would result in me having to buy one of those

but what let me believe that its not a blown head gasket, from my experience, when a head gasket is blown, the car acts up really really bad....this is only moderate if not minor....would this cause a fluxation in boost readings also?

thanks,
space
Old 12-29-2003, 04:43 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sell the car to me.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:24 AM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

make me a offer....I would love to get a WRX STI or a Escalade which I would get if I sell my subaru....

thanks,
space
Old 12-29-2003, 06:50 PM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

well anyhow, more info on what the car is doing....I popped the hood, and observed what was going on....on the passenger side breather hose, its smoking.....I checked the coolant level and it seems to be at the same level....in the mourning i'll check the oil and see if i see coolant in the oil....

to me, its hard for me to think the head gasket is going on the car when I ran it 70 miles today on the highway with no problems...just the rough idle which is not noticeable at high way speeds....

anyhow, looking for more ideas and how I can check them...or if anyone would like to buy it, i'll sell it....those STI's are calling my name...

space
Old 12-31-2003, 04:26 AM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

well i replaced the PCV valve hoping that was the problem....its not....the car still idles rough....as for the smoke coming from the breathers, I'll check in the mourning....

also, I now have oil burning....I'm hoping its from the turbo needing a rebuild....but when I start pulling out, its a nice size cloud coming to the car....

i guess I'm going to just take the money I had saved up for the porsche and spend it on this thing to get it back in shape...

any advice?

space

Quick Reply: Subaru Acting up