Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could someone explain this whole "Timing Belt" thing to me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003 | 09:29 AM
tomc_85.5_944
Racer

EXACTLY!!! 25k is a pretty good price, IF it had all the things done recently. Couple of items that if aren't done, can total about 3-4k pretty quick, belts being one of them, and then you are up to "regular" price. With a paid for vette (C4) as a trade in, my payments are lower than friends driving around new and slightly used trucks and other lower end sports cars (camaro's etc). Boy do they hate me. It kills me how people ***-u-me that used exotic vehicles are so expensive. I'll never buy a new car, and keep driving my older, much higher end than I could ever afford new. The older ferraris are getting down in price as well, with some of the Testarossas going for 40 or less, and 308s (Magnum PI) even less. And just to rub it in, new X's list at 89.9, so you are actually looking at about 100 after taxes, tag and all that other crap, and around here, they actually sell at retail. Up till 2002, my 92 looked just like a brand new one. Bunch of people have thought mine was a new one (yeah right, I work for the State). If the buyers would wait a few months, they could pick them up for 75-78. I'd NEVER pay that for a car, which is why it took me 11 years to finally be able to afford one.....

If you ever have a chance, test drive one. Down on power compared to "modern" supercars, but makes a vette feel like a station wagon, handling wise. I use the old "vette is a chainsaw, nsx (like Porsche) is a scalpel" analogy, and everyone I have let drive mine comes away with a huge smile.

Whoops, getting off topic, I'll shut up now.

Quick Reply: Could someone explain this whole "Timing Belt" thing to me?