Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Black Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Joe Jackson
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wheels clear perfectly over stock calipers with no spacers. They should clear big reds too but I have not tried. When I ordered through HRE (sometime in 1998), I just told them they were for an '86 951. They set me up with the offsets which actually put the wheels a little further out than stock (which is fine with me). Something like 23.3 front and 11 rear. I have the specs somewhere in my stack of receipts. Lucky me I only paid $360 a wheel back then through an Automotion 20% off sale.

I love the wheels and my friends agree that they look "badass" on a white car. They are a bitch to clean though and the black finish on the centers is easily nicked so you need to be careful when removing and installing lug nuts. I might get them powdercoated someday if the finish gets really bad. The only issue I had with them is the valve stems on the front rims are a special type that most tire installers don't have. It's smaller than any other valve stem I've seen. It started leaking after I had my second set of tires installed so I needed to remove the wheel and replace the o-rings to get it to seal again. Other than that, they are super light and I get lots of compliments on them so I'd recommend them.

Originally posted by tifosiman
Hey Joe,

I have been considering those for awhile, but have never seen them actually on a 951. Is there plenty of caliper clearance? How do you like them?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Anyone with Black Rims?