Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A picture of my newest mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Flight_951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like that dent can be taken out by a paintless dent removal place. BTW, did you buy your car on ebay? I can remember seeing this photo before but it's been awhile.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What amazes me is how easy this list let you off with putting an M badge on your car!!!! HAHA. The guy that put a Turbo badge on his N/A got smashed!
Aw crap...I better take off the 2 turbo badges off the back of mine...and the S2 badge...and the NOS decals off my doors...
Old 12-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hehe, for any that were doubting it that's all photoshop. The ///M belongs on my ///M3, and that's where it will stay. Though if I get another turbo script I may try it on he M3 and see what the performance gains are .

Yeah, I'm not positive about painting it a different color. Honestly, I've never been a huge fan of the color, but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE else loves it, from other 944 people to friend's girlfriends who couldn't care less about cars. And people compliment on it out of the blue, also, not just when we're talking cars. The color didn't matter to me much when I bought the car (and still doesn't, really) because the condition of the car is excellent. I'd have been nuts to pass on the car because I wasn't thrilled about the color.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:27 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Flight_951
It looks like that dent can be taken out by a paintless dent removal place. BTW, did you buy your car on ebay? I can remember seeing this photo before but it's been awhile.
I'm not sure about the paintless dent removal, because I think it's a bit stretched right in the center of the dent. Also, though the clearcoat is fine, it looks like the color underneath it is a bit cracked.

I didn't actually buy the car on ebay. I saw it on ebay and it was a few towns over from me so I went to look at the car and talk to the seller. It turned out he owns a small performance/exotic car dealership, but this was his personal car. It looked like he was expecting a lot more money than I could afford for the car. I bid on it anyway, and I was quickly outbid, but the auction ended without meeting the reserve (which I think was like $18,000). I e-mailed him and told him that I was still interested (the max bid was like $12,600 I think). I met with him a few more times, drove the car, and the beat the ebay price by just a bit and it was mine.

I think the fact that the owner loved the car had something to do with why he sold it to me. I showed up there in my M3, which I'd like to think is pretty immaculate, and the PO knew that the car would be getting a good home. He also showed me around the car a bit, I did an oil change a week after I got the car with his guidance and in his shop, and also detailed the car there with him showing me tips. It wasn't until after buying the car that it became clear how much he loved it.

And now it's mine to love
Old 12-18-2003, 01:30 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm totally Stoke'd - keep the Photoshop plant.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Hey Epic,
Here's a tip...ssshh...*whispers* just cover the dent with the ///M badge!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 01:54 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Epic2112
...but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE else loves it, from other 944 people to friend's girlfriends who couldn't care less about cars. And people compliment on it out of the blue, also, not just when we're talking cars.
Well, you didn't say but if it's linen metallic I have a cabriolet in that color with a black top/interior and believe me, it's a real head turner as well. This color always looks discreetly elegant and unique. I would never change it.

Old 12-18-2003, 03:30 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Ay, cono! Que bonito!

(Damn, can't write the accents and inversed punctuation... )
Old 12-18-2003, 03:33 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,381 Likes on 509 Posts

HAHAHAH nice..I guess your missing your M3
Old 12-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Luis de Prat
Well, you didn't say but if it's linen metallic I have a cabriolet in that color with a black top/interior and believe me, it's a real head turner as well. This color always looks discreetly elegant and unique. I would never change it.
Yup, Linen Gray Metallic. Chalk up one more for the lovers of the color . The thing is, my car has a Linen Gray interior too, and I think the really light colored interior would look great with a dark colored exterior. We'll see how I feel about it when I'm independently wealthy .

Chris, the M3 is going to the body shop in about an hour to get an estimate on the rust issue it's got. Seems it's a common problem (i.e. all E30 M3s that have previously had their windshields replace rusts right there. Damn thing was replaced by BMW while the car was still under warranty too ) I'm gonna be out of money again.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

oop

Quick Reply: A picture of my newest mod