Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED YOUR OPINION - 86 944 Turbo Knock

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017 | 09:50 PM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vandal968
You should share a review of your experience with the first shop (Yelp, Google, etc.), maybe save someone else from a similar disaster. Why the heck did they do all those other things when your post said it was only there for vacuum leaks? Why isn't the second shop charging you anything?

cheers,
c
I agree with you regarding the favorable and unfavorable reviews. My communication with Frank at the new shop has been daily and he knows what I paid the previous shop - he's working with me on the cost and I greatly appreciate that. He's under the impression that if he delivers solid work and communication that I'll be a repeat customer. Here's a breakdown of what he's done for me.. the price he gave me certainly isn't free but knowing that the entire car has been reviewed is a huge relief.

Paid for:
Diagnostic (labor hours)
Belt Tensioning (labor hours)
Oil Seal
Correctly position CAM sensor
Alignment

Included Free of Charge:
Correctly installed airbox
Fixed door checks
Headlight alignment
Crank Sensor
Smoke Test
Oil Filters
Suspension and Exhaust Check

I plan to contact the initial shop to dispute the labor charges. I took my finance's SUV in for a 100K tune-up while my car was there. I noticed that my car's intake manifold was off (I assume because there was a leak they were trying to get to?!). Bolts were everywhere and my airbox was on the ground. I was told that the tech that was working on my car was only part-time at the shop and does "great work". Needless to say, I was not at all surprised that when I went to pick up the car they encountered the knocking noise. (Especially after multiple un-returned calls).

Quick Reply: NEED YOUR OPINION - 86 944 Turbo Knock