Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated seats in a 944 &....???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 05:56 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seats in a 944 &....???

Two questions...

1. Does anyone here have, or does anyone here know anyone, w/heated seats in a 924/944/951 variant? I'm not seriously considering it, BUT, I've thought about it a few times- I REALLY want some momo Street Racer seats for my Turbo S, to save weight, get better support (ESPECIALLY lumbar), AND STILL have reclinability. BUT- several years ago, I was able to check out some Sport seats from a 928 GT or GTS- they were 12-way elec adj & heated- I've always been told how heavy they were, BUT, there is NO WAY they were >45lbs each & I've personally weighed 8-way elect adj non-heated non-sport seats @49lbs each. Not sure why- Garrity (the owner of the seats) said they had ALL of their motors, etc in them.... anyway, I've been thinking about them ever since- IF I coiuld find a nice set just like them, I would almost rather have them than the Momo's. even though they would definately weigh more- ~20lbs each. BUT- I have been told that it might not be as simple a plug & play to hook up heated seats in a 951- anyone know for sure? I THINK there is a fuse, but would have to dbl check- this STILL would not neccessarily make it a simple plug & play.... anyway, anyone know...???

2. Does anyone know of any wheel that would fit a 951 that would be ULTRA lightweight, skinny, etc, for use as an emergency spare, that would save a few pounds from t he stock spare? The stock one weighs 29lbs & I understand drag skinnies can weigh as little as ~10lbs- not sure, but, was just wondering- would love to be able to keep a spare in the back, yet, still be able to save ~20lbs.... Just curious....

Thanks a lot,

Quick Reply: Heated seats in a 944 &....???