Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Shirt Idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 07:42 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for a shirt!!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Matt,

IIRC, you made the Ts with the turbo ad on the back--or did yours have the cut-away? I remember buying both--I really like the turbo-ad shirt(although I have worn it so much the ad is cracking) Wearing it to the PVGP and walking through the Ferrari corral gives me a sick pleasure.

How many do you have left and sizes?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:14 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

you mean you guys dont have 944 t-shirts!

and i thought i was the 912ers who were always forgotten

Eric.. did you see the cleveland game..

i did and froze my *** off. at least this means we will have an offensive cordinator next year.. bruce is a joke. at least we get a better draft pic.. maybe we can get a qb who can actually move in the pocket and do somthing for a change.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I made the greaseslingers shirts.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Harry,

Yeah--A. Williams was the MAN last night...I was reeeall nervous untill he ran that pick back for 6 and then picked Holcomb again!! Rams covered by a hook--life is good.

My only consolation on this entire season is that the Browns, not the Steelers, will finish in the basement of the AFC North. hehe

Matt--never saw those shirts, must have missed it.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:07 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

but at least we know arians (how ever you spell his name) is gonna get **** canned, the offense will be gutted and revamped, and that progress will be made to get the hell out of this rut.

if we had an offensive line, and a qb who could dump the ball we might have actually won. i was never for holcomb. i was glad to see couch come in and score right away in the 3rd. couch isnt the answer either though. his problem was when he was started as a rookie.. thats what killed his career. they never sat his *** down and had a veteran teach him the finer points of being a qb in the nfl.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:09 AM
Matt H
Race Director

harry- the finer points mean nothing when you spend 1/4 of the game on your back.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:19 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

yeah.. but who knows what could have been if they would have spent the time to develop him into a nfl quarterback instead of just throwing him out to the wolves.. thats all im saying. the nfl is a completely different game from college. palmer will be a much better qb in cincy when he does get his starting role, bc he was taken under someones wing.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:30 AM
Matt H
Race Director

If you believe that he is good to start with. I dont think he is going to be anything special. The biggest difference, that I see, is the speed at which the game is played. Aside from that, it is, for all intents and purposes, the same. Everyone is just a little bigger, or a little faster, or a little stronger.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:35 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Matt H
If you believe that he is good to start with. I dont think he is going to be anything special. The biggest difference, that I see, is the speed at which the game is played. Aside from that, it is, for all intents and purposes, the same. Everyone is just a little bigger, or a little faster, or a little stronger.
Someone should have told this to Steve"I am going to get my QB killed running the option" Spurrier.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Spurrier's problem is not the option (which they ditched WAY early on), its not his wide open style (remember people used to call this the West Coast offense), and the 'Skins problem isnt Spurrier. Their problem is, quite possibly, the WORST offensive line in the NFL. Also, remember that most college coaches who have done well in the NFL were GOD awful their first season. Just give it a little time, he has good ideas, just needs some experience.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Matt H
Spurrier's problem is not the option (which they ditched WAY early on), its not his wide open style (remember people used to call this the West Coast offense), and the 'Skins problem isnt Spurrier. Their problem is, quite possibly, the WORST offensive line in the NFL. Also, remember that most college coaches who have done well in the NFL were GOD awful their first season. Just give it a little time, he has good ideas, just needs some experience.
Matt--I agree, but you are forgetting his(and the Skins') biggest problem--Daniel Snyder. He is officially the NFL's biggest jackass owner(which is an amazing feat considering he is competing with Jerry Jones, Al Davis, and Art Modell).

Any team is going to have adjustment problems when faced with as many coaching and staff changes as the Skins. At least Snyder seems to have given up on his short-sighted, let's win it all Right Now Super Bowl plan with the high-$$ free agent acquistions at the ends of their career.

But Spurrier has made some dubious decisions-His RBBC isn't doing anything--never should have let Davis go and his fondness for picking up former Gators who have no business being in the NFL.

Personally--I liked Norv Turner.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Snyder has made some dumb decisions but this year they finally got some free-agents that were worth something.

Some of Spurriers decisions have not been good, no doubt about that, however, new coaches make some strange decisions. I agree that Norv was doing just fine. Sometimes the grass looks a lot greener, if it is or not is debateable.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:11 PM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

sorry for the late post.....finales are kicking my ***...

anyhow, i'm up for making different 944/924/968 shirts like the boxster s shirt......

Matt H, can you order different types of shirts (944 turbo, 968, etc...on the sleeve) for the same price or is different for each shirt...

I have no clue on what to do, so if someone would like to take over, you are more then welcomed too....

thanks,
space
Old 12-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Space - yes, you can order whatever you like. I would need to have a PDF or some sort of graphics file to show EXACTLY what the logos were supposed to look like. Each shirt would cost the same, kind of. There would be a variance depending on how many are ordered, it costs X amount to make the different screens. I.e. if you want the only 924 Martini Rossi shirt it is going to cost probably 30 dollars. If there are 20 of you it should cost about 12. You have to amortize the cost of the screens over X number of shirts. I would be happy to help/take over. We would need committments from at least 5 people PER design to make it worthwhile (i.e. not too expensive.) Further, from looking at the link I can tell you this is not a factory authorized deal (though he tries to make it look like it is). There is no TM logo on it. At the $6.88 he is looking for, he would have had to make about 100 of them, maybe more and there wouldnt be much money in them. Why dont we work together since this was your idea, I will put together the nuts/bolts. First place to start is to find out (in a separate thread) how many are REALLY interested and what logos they would like to see (also you need to get with John D, he may not like this idea at all).

Quick Reply: T-Shirt Idea