Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom's has cleared!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 01:11 AM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom's has cleared!!!!

Ok guy's
I found out at about 5 pm today that the package has finally cleared customs and I will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

But I have recovered a couple problems with the transaction that I am fixing now..First, it appears per what David S. is saying and after looking at my credit card bill online that the 10% discount was not taken off. I just realized this now, and I am going to have Burt at Van-Zweeden fix this right away..THis must be some type of math error on his part..DO not worry I will have this corrected tonight when I call...

Second I was put under the impression that there will be no tariff's on this stuff when I was orginizing, but now I am being told by custom's and the broker that there is a tariff for fiberglass material..The tariff will not be more than $100, and there will be an additional broker fee of about $50. So I am going to wait and see what the total bill will be for all of this crap before I decide on how to handle it. Please do not be alarmed if anything it will be about $20 more per person to cover all of this. But again if it only turn's out to be like $60 or so for the broker and tariff then everyone is taken care of by me. I will pay the additional fee. I am doing the best I can to make this right. I will be calling everyone that ordered tomorrow to discuss this in person.

Again I am sorry for this crap, but I did not know about the broker and tariffs. I was lead to believe that all of that was taken care of by Van-Zweeden. I will work something out with Van-Zweeden to maybe get them to cover some of the cost for this additional crap. I am doing the best I can.
Also everyones stuff will be sent from my house this saturday morning. I will E-Mail everyone their tracking numbers..So in the worst case scenerio it would probably cost everyone about $20 or so more.

Again I will call everyone tomorrow to figure this crap out...Includes

David S = I saw your post about the charge and I will call you tomorrow..
TazMan
Dan G.
ErichCS

Damian
Old 12-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Dan Gallagher
Drifting

I'll be at the shop tomorrow but we are having a "business meeting" (going to the bar for lunch) so if possible either call my cellphone or call the shop after 1:30 or 2:00 my time.

"But again if it only turn's out to be like $60 or so for the broker and tariff then everyone is taken care of by me. I will pay the additional fee."

if that happens i will split it with you and cover everyone.

thanks for everything
Old 12-05-2003, 09:46 AM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damian:
Glad to hear it cleared customs! I cant thank you enough for dealing with all this and helping us all out!
I will be leaving town today at noon and not returning till mid next week. My email and rennlist abilities are slightly up in the air....you can call my cell phone, cant promise ill have servce though
But i'll be in the car today until 4pm if you dont mind yelling at me while i drive the loud girlie bmw'er convertible...
Thanks again!!!
-Erich
Old 12-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Cass944
Drifting

Hey damian... I finaly got a new phone.

I can't believe all the crap your going through for this stuff. I didn't even order anything and I feel I should be thanking you.

Quick Reply: Custom's has cleared!!!!