Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My "fun" drive...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 05:01 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My "fun" drive...

Well, a couple interesting things happend on my 60+ mile circle I did today.

First of all, I filled her up with 89 fuel, a first since I had her. Not just the first full tank, but the first time I used 89. I then proceeded to drive around, and I smelt a very strong gas smell, which haunted me the entire trip, and gave me a very bad headache.

Now, I get onto this road with a very long straightaway, and decide for my first time, I was going to get INTO it...so for the first time I hit 110mph (the fastest I have ever gone in any car). I then got into some twisties and a PT Cruiser pulled out behind me...I was going maybe about 70-80 through these turns that read 25-45 mph. I then look behind me and this PT is keeping with me through the twists...so I speed up a little...it sticks with me...almost to 95...its still there...I come to a stop sign and the PT pulls beside me. Its some blonde girl who has this confused look on her face when I ask her to roll her windows down. She then goes on to tell me she wasn't even paying attention...definatly wasn't racing me, just used to tailgating...you can imagine my suprise then!!

Well, I go to drop my g/f off and as I was leaving her house, I look behind me and see, for a split second, what looked like smoke. As it went away within less than a second, I merely thought of it as just steam because of the temperature outside. On my way home though, the g/f calls and tells me that she saw some smoke that looked gray-ish blue, and it only lasted for a couple seconds. I then got scared...

So, do you think I have anything to worry about with the smoke? And the strong gas smell, could it be caused by an exhaust leak (which I am sure is before the cat.)??
Old 11-29-2003, 05:34 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Blood,
I had a crack right before my cat and it REAKED of fuel when I filled up with 89. I welded up the crack and switched back to 91 because it was a little rough on the car. The smell is gone and I'm running MUCH smoother.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

I would stick with 91 octane or higher. I only use 94 in my S2 and i can notice a differen from 93. See how it is with 91+ .

Quick Reply: My "fun" drive...