Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior project

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 01:00 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question interior project

As of now I have most of what I need to repalce my entire interior short a few switches and bezels.. when purchasing my seat set. I did not realize that the back seats were of a split type. I have a mono type back seat. Is there any way to adapt the back end I have to fit these. ie. weld in a bracket to accomadate the pivot point? and can I still have the rear cover for this? also the passenger seat I bought is powered, mine is not.. will I find the proper conections laying there or will I have to supply the power myself.. any help is appreciated.. This is the last place I have not gone to in this car.. so I have no idea for what I am in for.. hope it is not as bad as the rest of it...LOL...
Old 11-22-2003, 01:23 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Took apart an 86 and it had the plug under the non-electric passenger seat.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:26 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

Awesome,, thanks!
Old 11-22-2003, 05:43 PM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What color is that? It looks beautiful!
Old 11-26-2003, 02:50 PM
billybones
Burning Brakes

Thanks, I have no Idea what it is called. It was originally gaurds red. The engine bay is still red. Ibought it this way 3 years ago.. The cars history was sold at auction in georgia..(this was news to me at the vin check a year after I found out you could do this) Though no accident was reported or stolen. I am going to get a repaint next year and will have it done in the same color. I like it.. I overpaid for the car because of it.. That and I was ignorant of the problems associated with the car.. I will have the bay done this time though..Windows are tinted and am toying with the idea of doing the PD in black...In the end this has become a reclamation project to me. To many are being parted out.. I am about down to the engine block itself.. Money well spent . next winter I will buy a used engine and put it all back together like new... Then it will be done... 5 years total.. many dollars.. BUt it is better than HBO.. almost as good as the spice channel...

Quick Reply: interior project