parts ID and sell

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Jim V
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question parts ID and sell

Hi guys (and gals if applicable),

I came across some 914 parts a while back with another parts purchase, and even though I plan on some day aquiring a 914 it doesn't make sense for this stuff to sit around. I'm hoping some of you can help me clearly ID these parts so I can sell them to someone who needs them now.

Trans, supposed to be good, still part full of fluid and a fluid spill in the back of my new P/U didn't show any signs of metal flakes. There are numbers stamped into the bottom of the case, so I assume I can ID the year/application from these? Anyone know of a chart to match these #s to?

Axles, pair, supposed to be more HD than stock (I think he said they were built from VW/914 parts combo) seem to be in great condition w/good boots. Does this sound like a legit mod? How to be sure they are 914 fit; length, part#s??

Carpet,new, looks like a partial kit, 2 of what looks like lower door parts, 2 of what look like very small floor mats some with sewn vinyl edging, 1 yard of matching carpet (3'x6' roughly). Carpet is cut pile with a rubberized backing, black but whith a slightly purple hue. Sound like OEM?

Any help IDing these parts would be great, I'm just wanting to sell them so if any interest let me know.

Thanks,

JimV

Quick Reply: parts ID and sell