Rear Brake Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 03:12 AM
Joe Rose
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Brake Calipers

I can't delay it any longer. This week I have to rebuild my two rear brake calipers and replace some well-worn rear brake pads. Any words of advice, suggestions, tricks, etc. are quite welcome, as I have never done this job on a 914. I've already purchased everything I need: pads, retainer springs, stainless INNER plugs, rebuild kits. What I need to know, however, is the Porsche part number of the OUTER (plastic) plug that covers the venting clearance adjusting screw. This is not clear--to me, at least--on the PET program. I've checked the Pelican and Auto Atlanta sites, but it appears that those outer plugs are no longer available. If anyone knows a source for them, I would be most happy hear about it, as I'm missing one of these.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Have you tried contacting High Performance House or Parts Heaven? They sell new & used parts. High Performance House specializes in 914's. Their web site pales compared to the size of their warehouse.

http://www.highperformancehouse.com/

My suggest is to give them a call and ask.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:47 AM
Joe Rose
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Rob. Living on the East Coast as I do, I'm not familiar with lots of the sources for Porsche parts that you West Coast people seem to have in abundance. I'll give them a call when I return to my home in upstate NY later this week. Right now I'm on a short vacation in North Carolina and I've found nothing here that resembles a Porsche recycler or a source of new Porsche parts. Automobile Atlanta would be the closest to me right now, and they don't list the caliper parts I'm seeking. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Quick Reply: Rear Brake Calipers