Notices
914/914-6 Forum 1969-1976
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

914 with an Alfa V6? Anyone ever hear of one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 02:44 AM
superloaf
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 914 with an Alfa V6? Anyone ever hear of one?

hello 914 forum,

first time in your forum and just have a quick strange question if anyone has ever heard, seen, thought, etc of putting an Alfa Romeo V6 in a 914? i know there's a lot of room in there for all sorts of V6's and V8's and as i happen to be in possession of an extra alfa V6 once my milano is back together, i thought about putting it in a 914.

so would it work? i realize i would have a lot of learning to do but just want to know what the difficulties would be. i saw a V8 converted 914 and saw that it used the 914 transmission, but how do they connect? also, what's the maximum amount of weight you'd want to put in that engine bay? how much do the common V6 or V8 conversions weigh? (the alfa engine ain't the lightest engine, i'm afraid.) but this wouldn't be for pure speed as there are much better ways to go for that. instead it would be about taking a great chassis and combining it with one of the smoothest, best sounding engines ever!

anyways, any info or links appreciated.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure you could get it in, but you might have to do some cutting. It would be easier to put a 911 motor in it though.

Quick Reply: 914 with an Alfa V6? Anyone ever hear of one?