Sponsored by:

FS: 916-6 GT caliper restored factory

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:09 AM
dfink
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 916-6 GT caliper restored factory

This auction is for a set (right and left) rear calipers designed for a 914-6 GT. These calipers have been remanufactured for us by pmbperformance. These are not your ordinary calipers. After carefull examination of all the features and based on their vast experience PMBPerformance is willing to certify that these are an original very early set of factory racing calipers. Porsche produced only 12 factory 916-6 GT cars so these are indeed a rare part of Porsche history. As can be seen in the photos these are from casting #1 and #2 which indicate left and right. This alone does not make them factory GT. The type of spacers used, the bolts, the hand work done on the spring retainer slot and other features make these calipers unique.

This will probably be the best chance most people have of owning a part of one of these spectacular cars. If it was possible to trace to the exact car we would but there were no serial numbers used. The factory simply took parts off the shelf and made these calipers to perform on the higher performace GT. It's the little things that identify these as factory units.

If you have questions I will try to answer them the best I can. I don't know how many factory sets there were but with only 12 original cars I bet not very many. This could be the only time an item like this is available. If you want them here they are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250260403037

Quick Reply: FS: 916-6 GT caliper restored factory