Of rear calipers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
colin.plastow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Of rear calipers

Haven't posted anything in ages so thought I would post one on a topic that's been done to death and one that maybe hasn't.

Tee instead of the proportioning valve. Have 911 front struts with type M calipers and conversion to 914-6 hubs and rotors ($$$ ouch) with standard 914 calipers on the back. Hate the feel of the standard proportioning valve it may be because I've never managed to bleed it correctly or it could just be that awful over center kind of feel. The car is just a weekend fine weather cruiser so thought I'd experiment with the tee. I suppose can always put it back if needs be. Anyone know the part number?

Here's an unusual one perhaps. Doing a rebuild on the rear calipers and decided to take springs off the parking brake lever to get things nice and clean. Easy enough to do but on one caliper the complete lever and shaft pulled out. Turns out there's a c clip on the end that obviously came off at some point. It looks to be impossible to get the shaft back in place with the c clip without removing the pressed in seal on the other end from the lever. The question is...can it be driven out from the inside and replaced later with a reasonable chance of success? It looks like it's in there pretty good and has been sitting there quite happily for many years. I have one spare caliper. The other side of course!

TIA
Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 567 Posts

Instead of the proportioning valve I have an adjustable valve so the you can have the fronts lock just before the rears- has a good sized handle you can reach under and move to adjust. I've had it on the car so long I can't remember where I got it! (You sure don't want the rears locking before the fronts...)

Quick Reply: Of rear calipers