Sponsored by:

well not its all bad

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 10:33 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post well not its all bad

the fuel injectors are not getting any electricity, all of a sudden! I think the whole jumping thing was the injectors function and then not. so if someone could tell me where the pulse to fire the injector comes from thatd be great. Also if you could reply tonight I'd be even more hgappy, because tomorrow I won't care, because the car is being shipped. thanks.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:42 AM
abduln
Instructor

Well, the wires go back through the harness to the injection computer. Perhaps the wire is damaged/corroded. I'd disconnect the harness from the computer, and test continuity with a multimeter. Check for corrosion at both ends of the wiring as well as the connector on the computer.

On the other side of things, make sure that whatever serves as the trigger for the FI is working (am guessing signal comes from the distributor, but check your shop manual). Make sure the trigger device and the wiring are good.

Good luck,
Abdul
Old 07-12-2002, 02:39 AM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

I think my FI computer is gone bad. All the fires, fuses, relays, connectors, distributor, injectors and everything seems to check out ok. I know the computer puts out a pulse on pin 3, 4, 5 and 6 to fire the injectors. But I only have a voltmeter, so I can't read if it sends out 12 volts or not. I'd need an oscilloscope to see that right. in any case, the fuel injectors get no power, though everything checks out.
Any other input is apprectiated.
Old 07-12-2002, 03:18 AM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

are the computers of the 2.0 and 1.7s interchangable?
Old 07-12-2002, 03:43 AM
Mueller
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check out:
<a href="http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/" target="_blank">http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/</a>

Read all of the D-Jet stuff, excellent information
Old 07-12-2002, 04:54 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Allright the car started, ran fine, then crapped out. Then I fiddled with it some more and it ran but horribly. Not it starts and if I keep the accelerator kinda depressed it will keep running. Very rough and uneven. If I let go of the accelerator it dies. I checked the condesnor and points and will also check the spark plug gaps. The timing has no affect at all on how its running. It kinda sounds like it's running on a whaping 3 cylinders.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:13 AM
abduln
Instructor

It sounds like you are going to have to do a full diagnostic. If you have a proper shop manual, then it should have diagrams and procedures. If not, you might find a diagnostic chart on the net; however, it most likley will not explain how to test, just what to test.

BTW, a volt meter should tell you voltage, a test light won't. A scope will give you signal patters.

I wish I could give you more help, but I don't know anything about 914's, and it's hard without actually being there to check out the car

Good luck,
Abdul

Quick Reply: well not its all bad