Sponsored by:

what kind of carbs are these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 12:48 AM
DangerIsland
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post what kind of carbs are these?

I drove the car that I posted about a while back (<a href="http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/addetail.html?26309004" target="_blank">'75 914 carbed</a>

It drives really nice, no rattles or squeeks, tight body, no rust (or as little as can be expected) really nice paint (it's a repaint of the original sky blue color, a few shades darker, which I like), really snappy and sounded really nice. I don't know a whole lot about carbs on these cars (only experience at all is the 4 barrel Holley on our '56 Ford) I was wondering if any of you gurus could tell me what kind these are by looking at the photo, and give me your opinion on it. This car has had a lot of $ put into it, has records, and I'm leaning towards getting it since it wouldn't be my primary driver, and I think it could be a lot of fun.

Here's the picture:

Does that look like a good setup? Thanks a ton!
Old 06-25-2002, 01:59 AM
vinceinhiding
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like they are Weber carburetors. Not factory, but very common on vw and porsche engines. If the engine is They are probably 40mm in diameter, possibly 44mm. They are a nice performance upgrade, usually cost about $850.00 for a new kit.

Quick Reply: what kind of carbs are these?