Notices
914/914-6 Forum 1969-1976
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with engine connections76 914-2.0 Pleeeeze?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 08:48 PM
malpais
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with engine connections76 914-2.0 Pleeeeze?

Got my engine back in with new clutch, seals, hoses, rings, heads etc but forgot where some stuff goes and lost some labels.

The heat sensor wire from near the oil cooler (right near battery and throttle cable)hooks into harness where?

The cylinder head temp sensor that comes up under intake pipe for #3 cylinder hooks where?

I have one plug coming out of the harness betweed the injector wires for 3 & 4, but not sure which hooks to that and where other heat sensor wire goes.......

I can't find a 4 mm connection for the "back side" vacuum connection on the distributer advance - one farther away from the distributor. I'm pretty sure there was one - photos I took show a hose, but not where other end was connected.....duh.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:50 PM
bowlsb
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AS Tim Taylor says...huhhgh?

<<The heat sensor wire from near the oil cooler (right near battery and throttle cable)hooks into harness where>>

I think you mean either the thermotime switch...it grounds the cold start valve... or the oil pressure switch...which is it?

<<The cylinder head temp sensor that comes up under intake pipe for #3 cylinder hooks where?>> Into a single white wire that comes out of the fuel injection harness, near the CHT sensor. Sometimes these break off right at the harness and may be hard to see, it goes to #23 on the ECU connector.

<<I have one plug coming out of the harness betweed the injector wires for 3 & 4, but not sure which hooks to that and where other heat sensor wire goes.......>> This wire could be the CHT wire, if stock it will have a long box plastic housing attached..., but the CHT wire is not usually between the 3+4 injector branches...

Coem back with more details or post your question on teh pelican parts 914 forum for a ton of feedback.
Old 12-18-2001, 03:17 AM
Roland Kunz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello

The heat sensor wire from near the oil cooler (right near battery and throttle cable)hooks into harness where?

- Thats a green wire you will find the other end under teh battery forward corner.

The cylinder head temp sensor that comes up under intake pipe for #3 cylinder hooks where?

- into the gray wireloom from the EFI system it is a white wire with a suiting connector

I have one plug coming out of the harness betweed the injector wires for 3 & 4, but not sure which hooks to that and where other heat sensor wire goes.......

- I think thats it

I can't find a 4 mm connection for the "back side" vacuum connection on the distributer advance - one farther away from the distributor. I'm pretty sure there was one - photos I took show a hose, but not where other end was connected.....duh

- Both run to the throttle body one is green the other red color coded

Grüsse

Quick Reply: Help with engine connections76 914-2.0 Pleeeeze?