Notices
914/914-6 Forum 1969-1976
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

914/4 distributor rotor - performance version???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 12:31 PM
stefan vapaa
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 914/4 distributor rotor - performance version???

Hello,
I'm posting here as a bit of an interloper. I haven't got a Porsche but I am looking for Porsche part information for my '68 Saab Sonett.

I've been told that the 914/4 1700 distributor rotor is a drop in replacement in the Bosch distributor in my Sonett and would provide an easy solution for a rev limiter. (I bent a rocker shaft a couple autocrosses ago and am looking to curb my revvy foot a little.)

However, the rotor I've found available is part number 022-905-225A and provides a rev limit of 5800rpm. That is a bit too low for my needs. I'm looking for something more like 6500rpm.

So... I was wondering if there was a performance version of this distributor rotor available? I haven't been able to find one yet.

-STEFAN
ps. In case you were wondering what my Sonett looks like, this is a good pic from an autocross earlier this season. http://www.goof.com/~mmead/blacksbur...s/DSCN3285.htm
Old 07-22-2001, 09:05 PM
Roland Kunz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello

Those fingers where widly used on european cars. Bosch covered a wide range and I think the pre 1971 Porsche 911 have the same finger with various rev limits up to 7500/min.

around 6500 was the 914/4 2,0 limit.

To order that part you just need the base Bosch number on the finger ( normaly ending with 3332 ) and the last number is the rev limit. Mostly it is in a small circle or some kind off stamped on.

I know how sonetts look and drive. Steve Stromberg also has one. he is around att pelicanforum or shoptalkforum.

The sonett V4 is a european Ford Taunus engine. Some british tuners still cover high proteine parts.

Grüsse
Old 07-23-2001, 10:55 AM
stefan vapaa
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Roland,
Thanks!
That is great [detailed] information!

I'm off to find my new rev-limiting distributor rotor!

-STEFAN ...just completed another weekend of autoxing without breaking anything

Quick Reply: 914/4 distributor rotor - performance version???