Sponsored by:

FIREWALL SOUND PROOFING MATERIAL

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 12:29 AM
justinline
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FIREWALL SOUND PROOFING MATERIAL

I was wondering what other 914'ers are using for their sound deadening/Fire proofing material in their engine bays. The stock ones that are in good condition seem to be to hard to find. nulljustinline@hotmail.com
Old 07-29-2001, 09:57 PM
retro74
3rd Gear

To Find an engine compartment firewall padd you can post to Renlist or Pelican Parts Buletin Boards. I used some water and a 3" putty knife to remove the backing from the sound pad because it adheres poorly and it holds moisture that will lead to more rust. Check out Pelican Parts Tech article on how to glue the pad in and what glue to use. Also, I highly recommend removing the engine lid (two bolts under the hinge mount) to do this job AND check the mounts for cracks. Better to fix the cracks before you glue in the pad.

Good Luck
Old 07-30-2001, 10:56 AM
DERSIX
Advanced

John Paterek of Paterek Brothers in Chatham, NJ has a source for this soundproofing material that he uses in restoration jobs. He can be contacted during the dat at 973.635.5918.
Pete
Old 08-01-2001, 10:34 PM
justinline
2nd Gear

Originally posted by retro74:
<STRONG>To Find an engine compartment firewall padd you can post to Renlist or Pelican Parts Buletin Boards. I used some water and a 3" putty knife to remove the backing from the sound pad because it adheres poorly and it holds moisture that will lead to more rust. Check out Pelican Parts Tech article on how to glue the pad in and what glue to use. Also, I highly recommend removing the engine lid (two bolts under the hinge mount) to do this job AND check the mounts for cracks. Better to fix the cracks before you glue in the pad.

Good Luck</STRONG>
Thanks for the help and the advise
Justin

Quick Reply: FIREWALL SOUND PROOFING MATERIAL