Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you know about this car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you know about this car?

I bought this car in the late spring from a man in Oregon. I flew up to Portland and picked it up and drove it home to Sacramento. It has an interesting history according to the PO who had done some research on it.
The car belonged to a long time PCA member in Pennsylvania. It had been an autocross car for many years and the owner had a couple high dollar 4 cylinders built for it that ultimately went boom! He finally decided to do a six conversion. The car was at a shop in Pennsylvania called McB's or something like that and a dam broke flooding the car up to the middle of the instruments. 20 minutes later the water receded and the car is fine but the owner took the stated $25K value insurance check from his insurance company and let it go.
It is a real LE. The six that was in it was grenades before it ever was started. (Motormiester). It now has a newly built 2.7 with Weber carbs and 1700 miles on the clock. I am wishing the builder and PO had gone with the S cams and pistons but that will come.
In particular, the reason I am asking if anyone here knows the car is that in the documentation I see the PO asked and got many answers from someone from Apex Performance but it was not Jay. Jay? Do you know this car?
Attached Images  
Old 09-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know the car. There is another Apex Performance in PA. We are Apex Performance Parts in Londonderry, NH. So I am of no help I am sorry to say. Looks like a nice car!!!! Post some other pics of it if you don't mind. Best wishes - Jay
Old 09-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

Ok then... You asked and you shall recieve.
Attached Images    
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

A few more...
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: What do you know about this car?