Sponsored by:

looking for help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:51 PM
PORobinSCHE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool looking for help!

hello all, i am going to have to do floor pans and the long rails. basically the whole bottom.
i am looking for someone in the central florida area willing to help teach me how to do this. in exchange i will lend my mechanical talents on your project.
also is there a publication for the step-by-step procedure for doing the pans?

thank you

robin
Old 08-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Geoff
Advanced

Get a spot weld cutter bit to drill out the spot welds on the old pan. Carefully drill out all the spot welds top and bottom only thru the pan, don't drill thru the second layer of metal. Cut the old pan so there is a lap of metal to join the new pan to or Butt weld seam it.
I drill small 3/16ths holes around the new pan at 6" OC so you can puddle weld so it looks like a spot weld. Ends up looking fairly factory if you are careful and clean clean everything so you get good welds.

Long repairs are a different story....
Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
PORobinSCHE
Racer

Geoff

thanks for the advice. i have found a 73 that i may buy. i was going to buy it ,but another fellow got there first. now we're working out a deal for the car minus the motor. he's build a Jamaica(?) and wants a Porsche motor.hoping it works out cause the 73 floors are much better!!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:04 PM
PORobinSCHE
Racer

Thumbs down

well the 73 is a dead issue. it was originally offered to me for $500. but the new owner got some 'advice' and bumped the price up so basically all the parts he needed ,became free.
good business, just not the money i wanted to spend. guess i'll do a temp fix on the really bad section of floor. then when i can afford pieces,welder and etc, i will do it right!

best to all

Robin

Quick Reply: looking for help!