912 Forum 1965-1969

FS 1976 912E

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:09 PM
brock911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 1976 912E

My 1976 912E, #1963 is being offered for sale.

The overall condition of this car (VIN: 9126001963) is very nice, the engine was rebuilt by the fellow I purchased it from and has approximately 7,000 miles on it, the clutch was “like new” at the time of the re-build. #1963 was originally Ice Green metallic, and as far as I can determine was re-painted to Silver metallic around early 2000 or so. The paint is OK, not great but not terrible either, a very good 5 footer.

There was some rust around the windshield at the cowl and a bit of surface rust in a couple of spots around the rear window when I purchased it. This has been properly repaired by my people and now looks very good. Both windows were removed in the process and new rubber and trim for the front windshield was installed. I had the entire car polished, looks pretty nice now but as I said, not perfect.

This is a rare sunroof car (one of approx. 500 made, not sure how many are left), roof operates properly and no leaks. #1963 came with optional 14" Fuchs wheels in surprisingly good condition for their age and has a new set of General tires (205/70/R/14 ~ 95% tread life). I ordered new door cards and re-upholstered them with matching vinyl, it is a very close match but not exact to the original. When the door cards were removed I cleaned and serviced the window mechanisms (manual operation), they work perfectly. I also re-covered the door caps in black to match the dash. Upgraded door pockets were also installed. The headliner was off-white in color very dirty and stained, it could not be cleaned so I dyed it black along with the knee pad to match the original black dash which is free of cracks and in very nice condition.

I had the carpets steam cleaned and now look very good, the seats were re-covered (prior to my ownership) and are in very good condition. The luggage compartment was very dirty when the car arrived so I cleaned and re-sprayed it silver, put a fresh coat of stippled paint on the gas tank and installed a new luggage compartment light assembly along with new hood struts. I ordered and installed a new luggage compartment carpet kit which fits perfectly and finishes the trunk area nicely. All the gauges work, exterior lights work and I installed a set of H5's to give the car an updated look. Tail light assemblies were removed, cleaned, re-sprayed and installed with new seals, the lenses are in very good condition, and no cracks on any of them front or rear.

The car drives quite nice, I might have the clutch adjusted but keep in mind this is not a G50 transmission and needs to be shifted properly. This car will cruise comfortably at 75 – 80 miles per hour and driving at a modest speed will return excellent fuel economies.

The Porsche 912E is a true Win – Win Porsche, 76 911S looks, economical to maintain and drive and has excellent balance. Please visit this link… http://autosportcanada.com/76912e.html to view over 80 photos along with general information & vehicle history.

Price: $14,912
AutoSport Canada
Old 10-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Bill212
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did this car sell??

Quick Reply: FS 1976 912E