912 Forum 1965-1969

912 Pistons?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 12:18 AM
Jeff H
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 912 Pistons?

Picked up a set of pistons today at Pomona Swap meet and am also going to pick up another (different) set tomorrow also. My question is, has anyone ever seen Mahle 1641 CC pistons and cylinders? The gentleman says they are rare. I dont keep up much with them so I'm not sure. Have any of you heard or seen these? Are they worth a few hundred bux if in good shape? Also, while I was at the swap meet I picked up another set of pistons which on the inside of the skirt has a KS on top of eachother and under it what looks like the #'s 1875. on the other side of the skirt (inside still) it has the following numbers 085121, on the top of the piston it is marked 85.45, which I'm assuming is the size in MM of the piston. On the Cylinder the # 88520 A is marked in black, and shortly apart from that there is a triangle and a 31. The gentleman I purchased these from said they were Kolben Schmit? (I'm sure mis-spelled) yet I have never seen pistons by them before. Does anybody know how many CC's this set is and do they sound to be legitimate 912 P's & C's ? I picked these up pretty cheap and between these and the other set I'm picking up tomorrow I want to use the better of the two. Any input on these pistons would be greatly appreciated, Also, as long as both sets are good, the 2nd set will be for sale if anybody is interested. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 912 Pistons?