912 Forum 1965-1969

black 951 looking for new owner!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 10:05 PM
piranha
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post black 951 looking for new owner!!

can you guys tell me if this is good deal or not?
i noticed that ppl are selling their 951 for mucb higher price.
(dupont registry sells 951s for more than $17000 with more mileage than mine)
i have to sell this car by end of april for some reason, so i lowered the price of it.

The car is located in Syracuse, NY. 91000 miles. black/black all leather interior. It has power windows, sunroof, mirrors, seats, etc Been very reliable.

It has the huntley chips, test pipe, exhaust, boost enhancer, air/fuel meter. belts, seals, pump, etc changed at 62000miles. Parts I've replaced include both half shafts, Koni Yellow shocks (stock), rear wheel bearing, all brake pads recently, sway bar bushings, AC compressor (R134) (blows very cold), coolant hoses and resivor, blow off valve, plugs, sunroof cable, trans seals, O2 sensor, all hydrolic clutch parts (master & slave cylinder, hose),

battery this year, along with many many other parts. the car is equipped with Boxster wheels on the car with Pzeros 205/50, 255/40 17"......, colored centercaps.($2500-3000)
The car runs and performs very well for me, and I'd hate to see it go. I've taken excellent care of it. Mobil 1 every 2,500 miles, recent oil analysis that says there is no coolant/foriegn particles in the oil that dont belong there, redline in the tranny, etc

exterior has no dents and scraches or anything. not even one. the previous owner had new paint job on it.

price is 8900

i have to sell this car asap , if you are intersted, please send me
an email(piranhakil81@yahoo.com) for more info and pic

you will love the car when you get to see it.
please take this car! i dont wanna wait till the last min and give this car to some dealer!
Old 04-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Piranha, I think you should be able to sell it for that price, for that amount of mileage. If I had the money, I'd go after it, but too broke.

I seriously doubt outside of Dupont Reg. that any one is getting those prices; out here, I've found several, for between $4300 - $7000.

What makes yours most desireable, IMHO, is the color, and the low mileage.

Timing belt, belts, rollers and waterpump looks like they are about ready to be changed in about 6k, but I would not change your price to compensate, unless they come and look at it, and you are moved to do so.

I would suggest in listing in the Auto Trader; online, <a href="http://www.autotrader.com" target="_blank">www.autotrader.com</a>

And check locally. Well respected, in general.

Best of luck!

- Julie
Old 05-15-2003, 03:28 PM
breakerjay
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a good price. If it doesn't sell, let me know!

Quick Reply: black 951 looking for new owner!!