912 Forum 1965-1969

Emergency flasher switch on '69 LWB

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:44 PM
wsfowler
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Emergency flasher switch on '69 LWB

This question comes from my father who is restoring his '69 LWB 912.

"here is an issue that maybe you can help me with. The orignial switch in the Porsche has 7 terminals. They don't make that switch anymore and the replacement switch has only 5 terminals. I have looked at all of the wiring diagrams I can find and the early 912's had only 3 terminals. In 1969 they converted to a 7 terminal. I don't know when they converted from a 7 to a 5 terminal switch. I bought the 5 terminal switch and was going to hook it up but then I did not want to fry this one by making a mistake. However you found the wiring diagrams maybe you can find one that has a 5 terminal switch. The 5 terminal part number is 901-613-623-01. The 7 terminal is 901-613-623-02. I have looked around and posted question to the 912 registry and others but so far have no response. Any help would be great."

Any advice on wiring up a 5-terminal switch? There's a chance that the relay is bad as well and my father says that his are "4-prong" but he can only find "3-prong" replacements. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks!

Disclaimer - I haven't actually worked on the car, so I don't know what I'm talking about.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Emergency flasher switch on '69 LWB