Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New 'to me' 912

OK all, I just purchased the attached:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...QQcmdZViewItem

I can't wait to dig into this little gem!! She's my winter project. I plan on addressing all the details and possibly selling in the spring. But past experience shows that I tend to get attached

If anybody is interested in a rock solid 69' 912 let me know, I will listen to all offers. When I'm done, the car will be full functioning and beyond presentable. Which means the asking will only go up the longer I work on it. I will let it go, as is, for $6500 if you just can't wait or want a winter project of your own

Honestly, I'm really looking fwd to making some nice improvements and putting some miles on her.
The following users liked this post:
Superdave312 (06-27-2020)
Old 12-06-2007, 01:54 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

excellent!!! i know someone that would be interested in the red interior for their grey 912. -they might swap their black for your red even up, you never know.

i wish i had room for one more.. too bad i have a lowly 1 car garage.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:50 PM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car. O may be interested in the spring if you sell as is with the red interior
Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hoffman912
excellent!!! i know someone that would be interested in the red interior for their grey 912. -they might swap their black for your red even up, you never know.

i wish i had room for one more.. too bad i have a lowly 1 car garage.
Harry,

Tell me more!!, the red interior is not really complete. The seats are there but need to be restuffed, the rear/door panels need attention, the jump seat backs are great, that's about it.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What a great car, I want it. or should I say my 14 year old son wants it. He thinks I'll loan him my 3.2 and G50 for a 912 long hood here in town. i do think He'll get a long hood, but not get my 3.2 to go in it...
Old 01-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great car!!!!! Post more pics when you get her home.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:49 AM
jturbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great buy! Is there any visible rust or bubbling?
Old 01-15-2008, 06:25 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

The body is in very good shape, paint is presentable but and old repaint. I would certainly repaint if I were going to keep it. It has brand new rockers and floor pans installed by the PO. It does, however, need a front suspension pan and tank support. I did get a little ahead of myself when I referred to it as "rock solid". My black 912 (avatar) IS 100% perfect so my standards are high. This car is in better shape than where I started with the black car but my goals are not as lofty. We are the original owners of the black car so I've been working on that car since I was 15 yrs old (20 years). Honestly I'm running out of things to do on mine, so I bought this one :-)

Right now I am going through the brakes and suspension. I'll get it running as well as possible with what appears to be leaky solexes. Then I'll move to the interior, headliner, window rubber etc... and then if it all comes together and only needs the susp pan to be a really solid driver, then I'll do it.

Who knows, maybe somebody wants it 'as is', has a set of webers or wants a project, then it'll be priced accordingly. Right now I'm not even advertising because some self punishing side of me wants to do it....... I love a challenge :-)

Quick Reply: New 'to me' 912