912 Forum 1965-1969

March 31 DE @ LRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 05:26 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default March 31 DE @ LRP

Anyone going? I just got my track rubber mounted 205/55/14 kumho v710s. The ole 912 is just waiting for a new generator, enroute (in time hopefully). I can only make the Saturday but they will run Friday as well.

See ya there!!

Brgds, Peter
Old 03-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brrrrrrrrr, not yet. Still a little to early! Does CVR make their instructors pay?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:02 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Jay,

Of course, when I wrote this, I was unaware of the 12 inches of snow headed our way, YIKES!!!! Maybe I should get a set of studded snow tires instead......... Oh well, perhaps we'll get another dose of 65 degree weather to melt this mess. Hudson Valley Region is supposed to run the 29th of March..... time will tell.

To my knowledge, CVR instructors pay a reduced rate. The website used to show the instructor and non-instructor rate. It no longer shows this, which either means A.) they pay the same (which I doubt) B.) They are free (which I doubt) or C.) after seeing the lower rates, everybody wanted to be an instructor and they figured it would just be easier to not mention it any longer.

I would love to be an instructor since I really enjoy sharing the experience with other 'Porsche People'. I enjoy teaching and really love flogging it around the track. Funny thing is, some instructor friends of mine tell me how they became instructors. One in particular was early days into his DE career, had his brakes fail and safely brought the car to a halt. The riding instructor was so impressed he said "you should be an instructor" and bang, he was an instructor. Now if you go by the 'book' you would otherwise invest thousands of dollars in track days followed by a comprehensive schedule of check rides and scrutineering followed by intensive class room time etc....etc....

I guess it's who you know in the end.

Brgds, Peter
Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

One hell of a day!!!! 60 degrees, sunny, full groups absolutely perfect!!!! finally broke into the 1:09s in the ole girl!! New tires were awesome, although I had a little ctc on the inside rears with the trailing arm ecentric bolt. It left a groove around the inside of the tire but not enough to cut it down. Time to shave the bolts down a bit.

'Lake Lime Rock' in the esses could be measured in feet, luckily nobody went in there to my knowledge.

Spec Miata straight lined the down hill, car was destroyed!! Driver OK.....

Ryan, nice to meet you, sorry I couldn't hang out @ the after party. Had to get home at a reasonable hour.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Glad to hear the event was great! 60 degrees in March, it doesn't get much better then that in July! Wish I could have gone, but the car isn't back together just yet. Hopefully by the end of the month.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:12 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

I posted some pics in the 'Racing and DE forum' look for following thread:

'Rennlisters at DE events-Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Tracks version'
Old 04-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I can't wait to get to the track!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 AM
luv2ride
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

That damm 912 wouldn't get out of my rear view mirror. Nice to see you pete. Oh and the 912 too.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:27 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by luv2ride
That damm 912 wouldn't get out of my rear view mirror. Nice to see you pete. Oh and the 912 too.
Great to meet you as well. Again, sorry I couldn't stick around afterwards. We should have co-ordinated our staging better so we could 'play tag' I found that staging right up front, or at least in front of the rrreeeeaaallllyyy slow guys is key. Otherwise, you're just ducking into the pits or waiting your turn to get out of the train. My 4th run (started first) was the most enjoyable of the day or at least, even best to the session we were hooked up. That was FUN!!
WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Quick Reply: March 31 DE @ LRP