912 Forum 1965-1969

Mid Tennessee Fun Run

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:06 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mid Tennessee Fun Run

Sorry to post this here, but not sure how many actually look at the region board.

A few of us in Mid Tennessee have been talking about getting together for a meet and drive fun run whatever else you want to call it. I hope we can get a good gathering and have a good time. So let's put this together.

We need to figure out where to meet, where to drive and when to do it. I initially thought about a trip down Nathez Trace. Any other suggestions??? We could also do it father west between Memphis and Nashville.

As far as where to meet... A friend of mine in Brentwood owns several Sonic's in the Nashville area. I can talk to him and see about using one of his sonics as an initial meeting place. He owns several, so finding a central point convenient to a drive should be no problem.

I have never planned anything like this before so any organizational help would be great! I also don't want it to be a stinker, so even if not in the area here, please feel free to chime in with suggestions as to make it a fun endeavor. My opinion and idea is to keep it fairly low key and just get together to look over and talk Porsches.

As far as when: I would like to do this fairly soon. I would prefer to do it on a Saturday. Why don't we try to pick a Saturday in April? If everyone has a good time, then we can maybe try it out as a monthly get together.

Anyone interested can email me directly at vanweys@charter.net and savanwey@tva.gov. I can also be reached by phone at 731-343-1762. Leave a message.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
tennktm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be up for it......
Old 03-11-2007, 04:54 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im up for this. My region back in Washington did this all the time. we would meet every 3rd Saturady of the month for breakfast a show and shine and a drive afterwards. I am in Bowling Green(About 50 Miles north of Nashville) So I a differently down. Saturady sounds good to me. If you need help oragizing this let me know I can help out, as I have done a few of these before.

brandon J
Old 03-12-2007, 09:56 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sracer
Im up for this. My region back in Washington did this all the time. we would meet every 3rd Saturady of the month for breakfast a show and shine and a drive afterwards. I am in Bowling Green(About 50 Miles north of Nashville) So I a differently down. Saturady sounds good to me. If you need help oragizing this let me know I can help out, as I have done a few of these before.

brandon J
Brandon,

Sounds great! I would definitely appreciate the help, as this would be the first for me. Not looking for anything too formal yet, just a chance to get together with other Porsche freaks!

Please email me at savanwey@tva.gov and/or vanweys@charter.net

Thanks again,
Shane V

Quick Reply: Mid Tennessee Fun Run