912 Forum 1965-1969

Bursch Exhaust info

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005 | 10:05 PM
CincyMike
Intermediate

Default Bursch Exhaust info

Hi All--

The exhaust in my '68 912 can't be patched any further- it's time for a whole new system. I'm looking at using the Bursch instead of the 'standard' setup. The engine is basicly stock. Any info/tips I should know before I start? (I think the heater boxes can't be used, but that's OK.) Any modifications required?

Thanks for the info.
Mike J
Old 05-29-2005 | 10:14 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

No mods reqired. i have a ceramic coated busrch on mine and i love it. just bolt it right on, use the same exhaust gaskets that a stock exhaust has.

if your heater boxes and pipes are good, you can reuse em. if they arent, you can get new J pipes.

btw, i am the regional coordinator for the 912 registry in the midwest. We are having a big get together to coniside with a show thats going on in Dayton next weekend. We'd love to have you join us.

for more details see this thread on the 912bbs http://912bbs.org/index.php?a=thread&p=90120
oh if you want to be added to my email list for announcements and get togethers etc for midwest 912ers, email me at hoffman912@gmail.com and ill add you to the list.

i have my old rust but still useable exhaust if you want it to get you by until you get a new one. not the best in the world but it works.
Old 05-29-2005 | 11:04 PM
CincyMike
Intermediate

Thanks Harry. I did'nt know about the Dayton show; I'll have to adjust my calender & try to be up there on Sunday.

Thanks
MJ

Quick Reply: Bursch Exhaust info