912 Forum 1965-1969

912 schematics / ev conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 12:03 AM
E36Remington
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 912 schematics / ev conversion

Hi first post on any forum ever and not really sure where to start.

I was looking through some car listings and I found a decent looking 1976 912e and for very cheap because or burn damage from the engine but the front and the interior are in very good shape. It looks like everything in the rear has been stripped except for suspension. I want to ev swap it because it sounds fun and I've seen some good example especially from ev west. I do plan on machining some of my own parts because I have access to cnc, 3d printers and cad software, but I need schematics to know where to start.

I want try and use the original everything past the transmission and including the transmission. I've never worked on a rear engine rwd drive car so it's going to be a first. I have worked on plenty of fwd cars and I own a front engine rwd car and work on that plenty.

Sorry this post is poorly put together because it's like 1 am and I cant stop thinking about ways to do this.

Any tips advice and schematics showing everything from engine to transmission to drive train would be great.

Soon to be a 912 owner,
Remington

Last edited by E36Remington; 01-19-2022 at 12:06 AM.