Glove Box Bulb and Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 08:54 AM
mmeany
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glove Box Bulb and Stereo

Hi All, Newbie here.
I've just purchased an '89 turbo cab and am enjoying a learning experience. The car has very low milage and the turbo
Old 11-12-2003, 09:02 AM
mmeany
Intermediate

Whoops,
Hi All, Newbie here.
I've just purchased an '89 turbo cab and am enjoying a learning experience. The car has very low milage and the turbo does not work but that is a discussion for another day.
What is the bulb that is in the glove box light? I imagine it is an Osram but don't know what number. Can someone tell me?
The car came with a CD 2 in it. This seems to be a japanese(!??!) unit, can anyone tell me if there is a company out there that restores these stereos? If not, can anyone recommend a stereo/CD that really works well in this car? The sound quality is poor at best. I think one or two of the speakers is shot. Can anyone recommend speaakers that will work in this car without modification with better sound quality than stock?
Thanks very much and apologies for the double post.
mmeany
Old 11-12-2003, 12:49 PM
Eric 930
Instructor

Turbo doesn't work?

Eric

79 930
Old 11-12-2003, 04:50 PM
mmeany
Intermediate

Yeah, strangest thing. Worked intermittantly at first after a wastegate rebuild and a 1 bar spring, but after a couple hundred miles, it doesn't work at all. The PPI showed this as a problem and the guy that did the work after the PPI thought it was corrected but it wasn't. I don't want to mess with it until after I give the guy who worked on it another shot at it. I also don't have the manuals yet so I don't really understand the system and its function aside from the fact that it gives you one hell of a kick in the pants. Unless, of course, it doesn't work.

Quick Reply: Glove Box Bulb and Stereo